Here's a neat new feature

Square Wheels

Merge concurrent posts

If a user makes a post or comment, and then makes another post or comment on the same item within the specified timeframe before any other user, the posts will be merged. This bypasses any limit the user has on editing their posts.

This is currently set to 15 minutes - the default.

• Heart 1

Did you like it, or did it ruin what you were trying to accomplish, or are you indifferent, or should I stop asking a huge run-on question that is now impossible to simply answer??

I actually tried to post the second photo in the first post and it didn't post so I tried to post it right below the first post and it merged them.  That was what I was trying to do in the first place.

...that's all well and good, 

...but what if i want to quote myself, for comedic effect ?

...because I do that sometimes, you know.

...but i guess of it's set at 15 minutes, I can just wait and do something else for a while.

...unfortunately, when I look at my new format, the edit functions appear to have disappeared entirely.  What's with that ?

...never mind, I found it.  It was hiding, just like the thread titles.:)

...but i guess of it's set at 15 minutes, I can just wait and do something else for a while.

...unfortunately, when I look at my new format, the edit functions appear to have disappeared entirely.  What's with that ?

...so this is what happens when I quote myself for comedic effect.

...so this is what happens when I quote myself for comedic effect.

,,,I shall need time to consider this new world order.:huh:

• Haha 1

I have to check this out for myself.

Can't ever trust what the Evil Forum Commander says.

"Your replies have been merged."

So the question becomes….. how many posts can be merged?

And what if I don't want them merged?  What if I want them to stand alone?  Is there a "Don't Merge" button?

I have to check this out for myself.

Can't ever trust what the Evil Forum Commander says.

"Your replies have been merged."

So the question becomes….. how many posts can be merged?

I guess as many as you can make in 15 minutes.  You could try, I suppose, but that would waste 15 minutes on something that might not be as fun as wasting it on something else.

I've seen a few complaints about this feature.

I like it and would prefer to leave it on, but if no one else does, we can turn it off.

Do we want to shorten the time that posts are merged?  It's currently set at 15 minutes.

I would like an option to not merge, is that possible?  Otherwise, I don't really care, but prefer it not to merge if I had to say, but I don't feel super-strongly about it..

I would like an option to not merge, is that possible?  Otherwise, I don't really care, but prefer it not to merge if I had to say, but I don't feel super-strongly about it..

No.  It's either turned on or off.

You da boss! 

I have no issue with the feature but shortening the time might not be a bad idea.

I set it to 1 minutes.  That's is low as it goes.  After that we can turn it off.

• 2 years later...