I like the banter between Bob Roll and CVV

Randomguy

Christian has only been commentating for like two years now and he is already my favorite racing analyst ever.  I think he and Bob should be doing the main commentary.  I like Phil and Paul and I love tradition, but maybe it is time for a change.

Christian has only been commentating for like two years now and he is already my favorite racing analyst ever.  I think he and Bob should be doing the main commentary.  I like Phil and Paul and I love tradition, but maybe it is time for a change.

I don't know that Phil and Paul can be beat on the play by play, they seem pretty solid.  CVV could join in pretty seamlessly, though.  Bob has the best of the personalities, but he is best when he is off the wall a bit, and they seem to reign him in at the network.  Too bad.

They are all really good, though.

• Heart 1

I think Christian has so much insight into today's racing and he so able to communicate his own experience into almost everything he says, he is superior to anyone else I have ever heard.

Phil makes so many mistakes (always has), it is extremely annoying. Paul is quite lovable but hasn't raced in what, 40 years? 

Jens was a great competitor, but truly sucks as a commentator.  JMO.

Jen's is so cute, who cares if he's good or not. 

We aren't looking at him.  We have to listen to his witless, uninspired droning in what is almost unintelligible English.  He sucks.  If he is back next year, I will be amazed.  We all loved Jens as a bike rider.  But not every great athlete can be a commentator.  

We aren't looking at him.  We have to listen to his witless, uninspired droning in what is almost unintelligible English.  He sucks.  If he is back next year, I will be amazed.  We all loved Jens as a bike rider.  But not every great athlete can be a commentator.  

I have to agree with this.  Jens was a great rider and a fan favorite but I'm not a fan of his commentary.

I think Christian has so much insight into today's racing and he so able to communicate his own experience into almost everything he says, he is superior to to anyone else I have ever heard.

Phil makes so many mistakes (always has), it is extremely annoying. Paul is quite lovable but hasn't raced in what, 40 years? 

Jens was a great competitor, but truly sucks as a commentator.  JMO.

I agree with you about Jens, he is really best when not trying to be a commentator like the others, when he can just be Jens.  I think it is hard to be something else for some people.  His English skills don't bother me, though.  I don't mind Phil's mistakes, or how long ago Paul raced, they have a melodic quality together, and it is funny when Phil gets a bit overexcited or overdramatic.  Phil corrects his mistakes eventually, anyway.   It is a good group, though.

• Heart 1