Thanks to Old NO#7

Airehead

I thought the Porter was good.  But I liked that Ale much better.  What, specifically was it?  I think I have one Chocolate Porter left in my cooler from the 4th.

The ale was an English Mild style.  I used  East Kent Golding and Galena hops and experimented with a small amount of rye (< 10% of the grain). I liked how it turned out.

The ale was an English Mild style.  I used  East Kent Golding and Galena hops and experimented with a small amount of rye (< 10% of the grain). I liked how it turned out.

My opinion may not be worth much here on beer.  However I will say that it was a very good beer.  That was one of the tastier home brews that I have ever had.  Good flavor, nice finish.  Perfectly hoppy (I like the taste of hops, but I hate OVERLY hoppy beers.  Ones that taste like brewers shoved hops into it just to do so).  In my opinion that Ale was everything a summer beer should be.  Don't change a thing, I'll take a case!

I liked the Porter but there was something in the aftertaste that made it a little more bitter (?) than I usually like.  I am not sure if that is the right word or not. 

My opinion may not be worth much here on beer.  However I will say that it was a very good beer.  That was one of the tastier home brews that I have ever had.  Good flavor, nice finish.  Perfectly hoppy (I like the taste of hops, but I hate OVERLY hoppy beers.  Ones that taste like brewers shoved hops into it just to do so).  In my opinion that Ale was everything a summer beer should be.  Don't change a thing, I'll take a case!

I liked the Porter but there was something in the aftertaste that made it a little more bitter (?) than I usually like.  I am not sure if that is the right word or not. 

Great to hear your comments.  That is exactly what I was trying to brew, a good summer beer.  Not too strong or bitter, an every day drinking beer.  I brewed two cases for less than $30.  I'll make another batch soon as that was the last of that one.  The porter aftertaste may have been from the liberal use of the hop.  I didn't detect it because I like hops.

• Heart 1