Tomorrow is the big day

Former member

About damn time!!!

Why only 250F?  

Life got in the way. His wife is going through some heavy shit(cancerous tumors on her brain), so sometimes stuff gets put on hold.

250F because that's all that is required for the prepreg to cure, and the vacuum bag will melt at 300F. 

It is kind of like when Parr8 and his wife had their baby-- you need to write long reports about the frame becomign a bike.

this is a little different. 

If I don't like the frame, we can scrap it and start over. The builder is giving me the frame in return for honest criticism of it's performance. 

• Heart 2

this is a little different. 

If I don't like the frame, we can scrap it and start over. The builder is giving me the frame in return for honest criticism of it's performance. 

I am pretty sure that Parr8 can't scrap one of his kids and start over.

The seat and chain stays collapsed. I haven't seen it yet, but they will have to be replaced. 

Maybe it's that extra 12 lbs you have put on?

I am pretty sure that Parr8 can't scrap one of his kids and start over.

The Battleship has been decommisioned. There is no starting over.

The seat and chain stays collapsed. I haven't seen it yet, but they will have to be replaced. 

Well that sucks.

Maybe it's that extra 12 lbs you have put on?

The Battleship has been decommisioned. There is no starting over.

Ouch.

Well that sucks.

Ouch.

under the heat of the curing process they collapsed from the compression of the vacuum bag. I think it was because we didn't bond the dropouts into the stays before curing. 

His frame is fine, and that's the only variable other than size. 

When he gets back from vacation we will try it again using ENVE stays, and bond the dropouts in first. 

Ideally he should try the same stays, and bond the dropouts first, but he eventually wants to use all ENVE tubing.  The main reason why we didn't, is that they require dropouts that aren't available from any supplier. The dropouts need to be custom made.