Spoiler - Stage 4

Road Runner

Cobbles were disappointing.  They need rain to make them really treacherous.  Glad to see Tony get the yellow.

I am also glad to see the time bonuses re-instilled this year.  It only seems right that the person who finishes ahead of everybody should get something more than the guy who finishes 20th (assuming a close, non-gap finish).

Given yesterday's carnage it's almost surprising the cobbles weren't more of a factor today.  But everyone knows the cobbles are tough so everyone's a little more careful.

The online newsflashes made the point that Martin missed yellow yesterday by a fraction of a second.  He remedied that today... good for him.

I'm happy Tony got yellow on his own. 

Exactly.  This is what I was saying yesterday.  If you want yellow that bad, go make it happen.  Maybe his is logged on here and actually read what I wrote and thought I was right?

It was really the perfect storm for him.  Froomy was all too happy to give up yellow, you know he wasn't going to chase.  Nobody else really WANTED yellow this early so the groups of the GC guys were not going to chase, and his own team was certainly not going to chase.  It could have made things interesting if someone else wanted the win or the jersey.  But he took full advantage of the situation and got a yellow jersey until the climbs start.

• Heart 1