today is get my celiing fixed day

bikeman564™

That was my first thought.  That surface looks like a special spray on coating?  They have stuff to try to match the popcorn, but I'm not familiar with that surface.

I was talking to a couple peeps at work and they say you texture paint the ceiling, then flatten it out using a trowel. I saved a piece of drywall and will take it to the Home Depot for assistance. It'll probably look like crap but I don't really care.

On a previous house I had built, the drywall finisher sprayed the ceilings and then came back a day later and used a large power roller on it that shaved the small lumps all down to the same thickness - quick and easy.  They did the same thing in all the closets.  There was a room in the basement that they did it to that was not specified for.  They had to come back and they used the same roller to shave it down to the paper and then did a light sand.

On a previous house I had a very small section of ceiling that a crack developed about 3 months after we moved in.  I tried to fix it the way you say but there was no way I could get it to match.  Luckly, it was in a very out of the way area.

• Heart 1