Boy, the LF is really a ghetto these days

Randomguy

I wanted to search for my description of the Black Label Burger from the LF for the burger thread here, and the search function doesn't seem to work at all, and the avatars, although tiny, seem to be crowding out the beginnings of the thread titles.  Not many posts in the last 24 hours, either.  :(

I wanted to search for my description of the Black Label Burger from the LF for the burger thread here, and the search function doesn't seem to work at all, and the avatars, although tiny, seem to be crowding out the beginnings of the thread titles.  Not many posts in the last 24 hours, either.  :(

Yep.  The LF doesn't have any of those great parody posts like we have over here, such as "My attempts at fart".  Those guys really suck.  

• Heart 1

http://forums.bicycling.com/printer-friendly-topic/54635607130461286

• Heart 1

Is it because of the hooptie in the parking lot? BTW, this was from Google Street View, Ecorse MI :D If you do not know Ecorse...you don't want to.

google earth.JPG

One of the sites I managed in a previous job was in Taylor, on Telegraph (within a couple miles of where Ecorse Rd. dumped into).

After seeing a lot of the rest of Telegraph road, I have to say that section was a jewel compared to the miles of pawn shops, nail salons, liquor stores, and rotting, closed buildings.

One of the sites I managed in a previous job was in Taylor, on Telegraph (within a couple miles of where Ecorse Rd. dumped into).

After seeing a lot of the rest of Telegraph road, I have to say that section was a jewel compared to the miles of pawn shops, nail salons, liquor stores, and rotting, closed buildings.

I'd say the only really nice areas are in Bloomfield. I was driving down six mile yesterday to Telegraph...not so good.

I'd say the only really nice areas are in Bloomfield. I was driving down six mile yesterday to Telegraph...not so good.

When in my twenties, I used to say "You know you've gone too far down one stretch of Telegraph road when the family restaurants start offering adult entertainment".

• Heart 1

I don't understand all the hate for the LF.  Every forum that I have ever been on have their pluses and minuses.  This place and the LF are no different.

I don't think there is much hate for the LF.  I was expressing sadness that the software sucks in a horribly buggy way and and Rodale doesn't care and that people don't post there much now because of it all.

I don't think there is much hate for the LF.  I was expressing sadness that the software sucks in a horribly buggy way and and Rodale doesn't care and that people don't post there much now because of it all.

Well, I'm not a software expert (obviously), but I see no problem with it nor do I believe that it hinders people from participating.  I think you are amplifying the "software" problem and the supposed lack of posting.  There is always plenty of discussion over there about lots of different topics.  Maybe you should post over there for awhile and see if your assertions are correct.  :) 

Well, I'm not a software expert (obviously), but I see no problem with it nor do I believe that it hinders people from participating.  I think you are amplifying the "software" problem and the supposed lack of posting.  There is always plenty of discussion over there about lots of different topics.  Maybe you should post over there for awhile and see if your assertions are correct.  :) 

I do post over there from time to time to say hi and all.  I do leave quick, though, the display really does give me a headache pretty quickly.  Plus, I am not the most popular guy over there with some of the posters these days, if you hadn't noticed. 

I like both places, clearly I like here more.

I see no reason to knock them.  They are great people.  I agree their software is terrible, and I do worry that Rodale will simply pull the forum out from under their feet without warning.  Go try and find the Organic Gardening forum.  Gone!

I like both places, clearly I like here more.

I see no reason to knock them.  They are great people.  I agree their software is terrible, and I do worry that Rodale will simply pull the forum out from under their feet without warning.  Go try and find the Organic Gardening forum.  Gone!

You keep using the OG forum as an example.  There is a lot of difference in the participation levels of the LF versus the OG.  I can't imagine organic gardening ever having the participation level in a forum that would justify it's existence.

You keep using the OG forum as an example.  There is a lot of difference in the participation levels of the LF versus the OG.  I can't imagine organic gardening ever having the participation level in a forum that would justify it's existence.

I went to the OG forum a few times.  It wasn't robust, but it wasn't dead either.

Either way, I still like the Bicycling site, I visit it daily.  I generally don't participate because I suspect I am not welcome.