You drop 40,000 grand on a new set of wheels

AirwickWithCheese

Seems like a lot of money

Not if you enter your PIN number into the ATM machine correctly.  Then 40,000 grand is just chump change.

I want a new car and I am trying to only spend 30 grand if possible.  GMC Acadia and Dodge Durango are on my short list.  I want to like the Chevrolet Travers, but it is too rounded.  The GMC is a handsome vehicle. 

2015-gmc-acadia_100467313_h.jpg

2015-Dodge-Durango-RT-SUV-Red-Wallpaper.jpg

Edited by jsharr
  • Heart 1

Here is the ad that I find really distasteful and manipulative.  Notice how they try to get your attention by showing her ass.  What other reason is possible for her walking away while talking to us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIVpCzG9Pcg

rubbish,  you love it. She has a very nice understated bum. 

The most I've ever spent was about $32K (if I remember correctly) on an Infiniti I30 back in 2000. Technically, it was my first 'new' car. Had to get rid of the car right about the time I sent the last payment to get something bigger that could carry 2 greyhounds. I only spent about $25K on the SUV, I think.

GBA_HH1_R28gmds6.jpg&v=deg01&std=true&co

Chevy Colorado. I'll be in it for probably (hopefully) around $37,000. Then of course add-ons.

I sat in then Colorado and then the Silverado and there was no comparison.  Silverado is so much roomier.  Pricing with discounts make the Silverado the way to go in my eyes, unless you need a smaller truck.

Yuppers. I was THISSS close to getting a Silverado LT. My husband just got an LTZ Z71. With all the incentives, the price was pretty much the same between Colorado and Silverado. I was looking at a crew cab; flip the back seat up, and I could camp back there! But it wasn't what my heart wanted, so I backed out. damn.   So now I'm trying to save a little dinero toward the down payment, trying to figure out exactly what I want, and waiting to see the changes for 2016. I'm hoping to order in a couple months.

Here is the ad that I find really distasteful and manipulative.  Notice how they try to get your attention by showing her ass.  What other reason is possible for her walking away while talking to us?

I don't have a problem with that. :)

I'm guessing that Parr8 doesn't either. :)

I don't have a problem with that. :)

I'm guessing that Parr8 doesn't either. :)

I wouldn't have a problem with it either, except for the fact that they are being sneaky about it.  If they put up some text that said, "Hey, check out her nice ass and then listen to our lies!", then at least I would feel they were being honest with us. Insurance companies are all a bunch of snake oil salesmen.

I wouldn't have a problem with it either, except for the fact that they are being sneaky about it.  If they put up some text that said, "Hey, check out her nice ass and then listen to our lies!", then at least I would feel they were being honest with us. Insurance companies are all a bunch of snake oil salesmen.

What bothers me is that every idiot knows that a new car loses thousands in value before its first oil change.  Lame!

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

What bothers me is that every idiot knows that a new car loses thousands in value before its first oil change.  Lame!

What bothers me is she says "...then smash it into a tree" and goes on to make it sound like it's the insurance company's fault when the rates go up. :rolleyes:

No, no, we need not be accountable for our actions.  Even if it is our fault.

I laugh about those 'accident forgiveness' commercials.  I'd wager people are paying the 'first accident' rates from the start.  That way the insurance company doesn't have to raise your rate after the first accident - you're already paying it.

• Heart 1

What bothers me is she says "...then smash it into a tree" and goes on to make it sound like it's the insurance company's fault when the rates go up. :rolleyes:

No, no, we need not be accountable for our actions.  Even if it is our fault.

I laugh about those 'accident forgiveness' commercials.  I'd wager people are paying the 'first accident' rates from the start.  That way the insurance company doesn't have to raise your rate after the first accident - you're already paying it.

No no.  It's really a deal.  They told me so.

• Heart 1