Do you hate cats

Square Wheels

They are okay but a bit too standoffish, aloof, for myself.

They do what they want, when they want.  It is nice to have one curl up in your lap and purr while you pet it, and one of my wife's cats would play fetch with balls of wadded up paper, which was fun, except when she climbed into bed at 3 am with a ball of paper and got in your face about wanting to play.

Also, we did not fee our cats, we reloaded them.  They seemed to puke everywhere all the time.

I will take a border collie over a cat any day of the week.

• Heart 1

They aren't filthy, they lick their butts many, many times each day.  Then they lick themselves for hours with that same tongue.  They must be clean. 

Unless you see them change that tongue, you have to suspect that it is the same tongue they always use.  This is like a homeless guy spitting on themselves, smearing the saliva on their butts, then having another homeless guy licking the butt clean if they can't reach it themselves.

• Haha 1

I love cats, but I'm not sure I'll ever own one again. I'm not a fan of owning any animals actually. They can't pick up after themselves and communication is difficult. Much as I like to pet and play with them and enjoy their company, I just won't get another one again unless I'm a lot less mobile than I am now, and want a companion.

• Heart 1

• 8 years later...

I don't hate them.   I'm allergic to them.   

At our old home WoBG feed the feral cats, on our covered front porch.   I called it the smorgasbord.   If I recall, we had 14 of them at one time for a while.    They also had heated beds and a shelter in the winter, and a heated water bowl.  

No cats here.   WoBG feeds all the critters here.   Feeding the cats was cheaper. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

Why yes, I do like cats

cheddar 6.jpg

Oreo spent last night outside. I checked for him before I went to bed and when I got up. Went and checked again a little while ago and he was sound asleep on the seat cushion by the door. I got his food ready and went out and woke him up. It was like waking up a teenager. He didn’t want to wake up and moved slow when he did wake up. He must have been up late last night.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Did you get any of those awful thunderstorms last night?  If so, Oreo may have regretted his choice.

I was sleeping after midnight. I don’t hear thunderstorms when I’m sleeping. It was raining hard when I went to bed and snowing when I got up. Oreo wasn’t wet when he came in so he was somewhere out of the weather.

• Heart 1