I love this bike...

UglyBob

I really should ride it more than once a year. I took the '59 3-speed out for a shakedown spin this morning. Getting it ready for the birthday ride on Tuesday. I only need 56 miles this year, but I think I'll shoot for the 100K again.

20150716_102152_zps1wkjff0q.jpg

I'm off work Tuesday if you don't mind having some company on your ride. 

• Heart 1

56 miles on a 3 speed would be a joy if the route is flat. I take my 3 speed out on Sunday evenings. The first two miles of the route are uphill, but the next ten are either flat or downhill, and it's a lovely way to watch the Sunday evening sunsets.

56 miles on a 3 speed would be a joy if the route is flat. I take my 3 speed out on Sunday evenings. The first two miles of the route are uphill, but the next ten are either flat or downhill, and it's a lovely way to watch the Sunday evening sunsets.

There's only a couple of small hills on the route. This time of year wind tends to be more of an issue. I nice monsoon storm can suck the life right out of you, especially on an upright bike.

I really should ride it more than once a year. I took the '59 3-speed out for a shakedown spin this morning. Getting it ready for the birthday ride on Tuesday. I only need 56 miles this year, but I think I'll shoot for the 100K again.

20150716_102152_zps1wkjff0q.jpg

Sweet. I did my last two birthday rides on a 3 speed. 60 and 61 miles. That's one tradition that gets harder every year.

• Heart 1

Sweet. I did my last two birthday rides on a 3 speed. 60 and 61 miles. That's one tradition that gets harder every year.

Yeah. I may need to rethink the whole idea of doing it on a bike the same age as me unless I can find a nice late '50s roadie cheap somewhere.