What time do you start work?

Airehead

In my line of work (software engineering) we don't really have 'official' hours. We mostly set our own start/end times per day, but are expected to make meetings and be there during core day hours.

Most people in my building don't come in until about 10am or so. I'm usually in by 8am or occasionally earlier.

I don't have any official start time.  It can be very early if I have calls with Europe , or between 9:30 and `10 on other days.  Sometimes if I have early calls, I'll work from home for the morning and come in after the calls.  So it varies, but on most days probably some time between 9 and 9:30.

I start work at 2:45 pm.  I usually punch in at about 2:30.  I meet with the supervisor at 2;45 and find out what is going on for the day and I let my crew know.  They start work at 3:00 pm.

I start work at 2:45 pm.  I usually punch in at about 2:30.  I meet with the supervisor at 2;45 and find out what is going on for the day and I let my crew know.  They start work at 3:00 pm.

It's very loose here.  I usually shoot to get here by 8:30.  Some people don't get in till 9:30 or 10, but they stay later to get 8 (or more) hours in.  

At my old job, if I got in at 8:30 I'd probably be the last one in.

I'm sure it's not just here, but traffic is miserable between 5 and 6 and if people don't leave till 7 at least the drive home is easy.

This morning, when i rolled out of bed since I'm working from home.  Most days, I start working around the time I get to work, which is what ever time I feel like it, though usually before 7 since I hate working late.

Having to work a set schedule would freaking suck.

Edited by Indy

Typical day if I am not on a case but on call.

7am start call. 

8:30 start to call hospitals on patients that we are following.

10:30 show up in the office and sign anything that requires my signature.  Tell all of the office peeps "Hi".

11:00 start bitching about how hungry I am.

12:00 eat lunch

14:00 start bitching that I have been here too long.

15:00 go home.

21:00 call again on the patients that we are following.

07:00 turn call over to the next shift.

If I AM working on a case then I try to be at the hospital at 6:30 am to relieve then next shift.  Depending on where it is.  Sometimes I have to drive 4 hours to get to the ICU I will be working at.  7 am start time is rough then.