I Love This Bike...

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

But what keeps it in place laterally? Looks like it could easily slip off either side of that chainring without too much prompting.

Most belt drives I've seen have a lip, but apparently this one is under enough tension that you'd have to work at it to make it come off.

Interesting!  Why did he not use internally geared hubbage, do you think?

He said I'll probably eventually build up a set of wheels with an internally geared hub. Main reason I didn't do that so far is that I like riding singlespeed, and this allows me to swap wheels back and forth between this and my actual road bike."

He said I'll probably eventually build up a set of wheels with an internally geared hub. Main reason I didn't do that so far is that I like riding singlespeed, and this allows me to swap wheels back and forth between this and my actual road bike."

Wth did he say that?

I have an elevated stay frame I toying with converting to a belt drive. I was going to use an Alfine 11 hub with a 2 speed Patterson transmission crank. Throw some fenders and a rack on it and you'd have the perfect Portland commuter. Plenty of gears and a weather sealed drive train. A total waste here in the desert, but still kind of cool...

I have an elevated stay frame I toying with converting to a belt drive. I was going to use an Alfine 11 hub with a 2 speed Patterson transmission crank. Throw some fenders and a rack on it and you'd have the perfect Portland commuter. Plenty of gears and a weather sealed drive train. A total waste here in the desert, but still kind of cool...

Matt built this one just because he needed another toy. 

E7E3225E-E2A1-45F5-B3AE-ABCB71FA7B9C_zps

• Heart 1

Matt built this one just because he needed another toy. 

E7E3225E-E2A1-45F5-B3AE-ABCB71FA7B9C_zps

I like the looks of this bike.  I love those wheels.  And there is some funkiness going on with that bottom bracket area.  I like it.

As to the OP, FSOG...I love that bike as well.

I like the looks of this bike.  I love those wheels.  And there is some funkiness going on with that bottom bracket area.  I like it.

That gets the chain stay up because you don't have a magic link in the belt.

All the more reason to build it!

he used a PF30 BB shell with an eccentric bearing system. 

The frame is a handmade CF frame using a Nishiki Alien design.

He's building another similar to this, but it will use a Di2 Alfine group set. This bike will be on display at NAHBS later this year.