Wine - second biggest con in history?

Randomguy

coffee is delicious

No, he's right. It's a scam. Someone f'ed up and burnt some beans and didn't know what the hell to do with them, so they got the bright idea to make a beverage out of them and charge gullible people an assload of money for it. "I know! We'll tell them they're "roasted" not burnt!' It's like cinnamon buns and vanilla - smells incredible, tastes horrible.

Tea is for Limeys and women

Unless iced. If you see me drinking something hot, it means I'm sick.

No, he's right. It's a scam. Someone f'ed up and burnt some beans and didn't know what the hell to do with them, so they got the bright idea to make a beverage out of them and charge gullible people an assload of money for it. "I know! We'll tell them they're "roasted" not burnt!' It's like cinnamon buns and vanilla - smells incredible, tastes horrible.

Hogwash. Click on the link below a get ready to learn  

http://www.ncausa.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageID=68

Actually, New York wines have gone the other way. Now they're all McWine blends with catchy names and cute labels, designed to capture Zima drinkers like RG.

Bloody marketing.

I don't feel it's at all snobbish to have some knowledge about wine as it's so easy to get caught these days.I tend to buy Australian or South African though South American wines can be very good too. I prefer to drink big, juicy reds myself. French wines tend to vary too much so now I tend to avoid these. When I lived in France I lived near the Beaujolais and tended to drink the local stuff. Most of my neighbours had friends who owned the vineyards and the wine tended to arrive in plastic containers under the cover of darkness.......and very good it was too.

Most of the stuff tastes completely like ass, very different year-to-year, pompous and affected people love to tell you how much they know about it, and you have to use a wine glass. Plus, they have completely hoodwinked the populace into spending huge amounts for it.  Contrast that with beer, which is not fussy, tastes great, isn't the beverage of choice of blowhards, and doesn't cost a fortune like that ass-juice, wine.

...leaves more wine for me, you Philistine.