Pacific NW earthquake

Parsnip Totin Jack

This is a long article, but I think it presents the facts well.  And the facts are that the Pacific NW (and the US) is not prepared for a natural disaster that scientists believe is coming.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one

Yeah, I posted this in the P&R a few days back. I don't know why it's getting a big circulation now... it's been well known for years.

What....not during my vacation

But you're not making it to Seattle.  No worries.

Edited by dotman17

Yeah, I posted this in the P&R a few days back. I don't know why it's getting a big circulation now... it's been well known for years.

Government conspiracy, they are gonna trigger it.  Why would they do what they are apparently going to certainly do, and soon?

I will certainly hope that it doesn't happen.  

Still, I don't know what to make of a prediction like this.  The weather service says it's going to be nice on Tuesday - four days from now - and I'm not inclined to believe that.

Well, on average, it should have happened by now.  Doom sells advertising, though, so there is that.

Will they take California with them?

I'm scared about this earthquake idea. I'm looking for a place to go if I need to, but the only offer I've had is from @jsharr. He said I can stay in his basement if I'll wear a gimp suit.

You don't even have to pay me this time.  

• Heart 1

Will they take California with them?

You don't even have to pay me this time.  

Good. I was going to say, " I THOUGHT I did everything you asked for last time....even though I wore out the knees in every pair of pants I own. "

Edited by kingtermite