Turning fossill fule into noise

BR46

Today the T-28's flew over about 4 or 5 times. The vintage cars are at Road America this weekend so it's a noisy weekend here.

I'm about 3 miles from the airport and 10 miles from the race track. The wife and I went to Elkhart Lake for the vintage car show.

SDC11891.JPG

SDC11909.JPG

SDC11908.JPG

SDC11905.JPG

SDC11900.JPG

SDC11903.JPG

SDC11913.JPG

• Heart 4

Sweet. Love that Oldsmobile.

But around here its the "Harleys, turning gasoline into obnoxious noise, without the harmful effects of horsepower for almost 100 years.";)

hey I own a Harley..So what are you saying? 

• 2 years later...

A buddy at work has a V twin Yamaha, he has painted it and put on ape hangers, even a few Harley bits. And MUCH louder mufflers.

We were talking about ride routes, I showed him some of my favorite route down in West Virginia. He was excited but worried about gas stops. Said his bike was only good for about 90 miles on a tank. I was kind of surprised.

He said it did better when he first got it, but it was getting old. I asked about mods. He said, none really, just the pipes.

I asked if he thought noise came free. The gas that used to push him down the road now rattled windows.  :D

He had never thought of that.   :lol:

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, Further said:

And MUCH louder mufflers.

You should kill this "friend" or at least lobotomize the parts that aren't already dead (sounds like most of it is already gone).  Seriously, people who make things louder on purpose are people not worth associating with at any price, especially idiots that make motorcycles louder.  Absolute dumb fuckers without regard for anyone else on earth, death may in fact be too good for them, although it would be better for everyone else on the planet if they died immediately.

I am dead serious here.  Sorry to be a bummer, but those people are a cancer that need to be wiped out.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

You should kill this "friend" or at least lobotomize the parts that aren't already dead (sounds like most of it is already gone).  Seriously, people who make things louder on purpose are people not worth associating with at any price, especially idiots that make motorcycles louder.  Absolute dumb fuckers without regard for anyone else on earth, death may in fact be too good for them, although it would be better for everyone else on the planet if they died immediately.

I am dead serious here.  Sorry to be a bummer, but those people are a cancer that need to be wiped out.

He's a hell of a nice guy, just like's loud motors, his truck makes a racket too.

I give him shit about it, all he say's is "I hear that a lot" 

21 minutes ago, Further said:

all he say's is "I hear that a lot" 

You are nice to put up with him, I suppose he would probably be worse if he didn't have any friends.  He should have his POS motorcycle confiscated and be legally barred from owning one again since he has no awareness of the shittiness that resides deep inside him.  "Look at me, look at me, look at me, I am the guy that has to substitute noise for character or personality and make everyone around me miserable all the time".  Fucker.

I am sensitive to this because I live in a loud place with too many people.  Most of the people are fine, but there are enough assholes among them that you can't sleep or hear a phone conversation or watch tv without one of them on a super loud motorcycle going by every 10 minutes or so and totally disrupting anything you are trying to do.  Lots of fun when you have a kid you are trying to get to sleep, too, or actually have her stay asleep.  :angry:

• Heart 2

U2 are playing a concert tonight in the stadium about 100 metres from here and there were 'sound checks' going on last night till 9pm. Very loud and annoying to residents but there were people coming into the area and standing outside listening.

Big campaign to limit the stadium to three concert nights per year and there was a major clash a couple of years ago when they tried to have Garth Brooks five nights in a row.:angry:

• Heart 1

The Sturgis motorcycle rally is 2 weeks away. Or as a friend calls it, "Halloween for Grown-Ups"! We are on a popular route to the Black Hills so we will see tons of bikers start to pass through. Some will start this week. They go up early, get their T-shirts, and head home before the stupid stuff starts. Between their journeys up and back home, we will be dealing with them for the next 4 weeks!

Most are decent people off the bike, but something about being around Harleys just flips an internal idiot switch for them! Between everyone thinking they are rebels on a bike, yet they all look the same. It's just a dumb-looking uniform at this point. Then there is  the whole "loud pipes save lives" BS. 

• Heart 1