Quote of the Day:Christopher Morley

Inspiration Bot

I thought it was Einstein who said this, but it was someother famous old guy.

Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race.

~ H.G. Wells

To ride a bicycle properly is very like a love affair—chiefly it is a matter of faith. Believe you do it, and the thing is done; doubt, and, for the life of you, you cannot. ~ H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance

After your first day of cycling, one dream is inevitable. A memory of motion lingers in the muscles of your legs, and round and round they seem to go. You ride through Dreamland on wonderful dream bicycles that change and grow. ~ H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~ H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells wasn't just a visionary when it came to time machines or men walking on the moon, he also wrote the very first book about bicycle touring, which also helped give rise to the female emancipation movement. Read The Wheels of Chance, a free ebook reprinted here for your convenience.

OK, since The Wheels of Chance is such tough sledding, this page is full of gems. :)  Check out the one about the guy praying for a bicycle, but when he found out the lord doesn't work that way, he stole one and prayed for forgiveness.  :D  Strictly a litererary contrivance I am sure, since bicycle thieves are worse than horse thieves or running. :)

http://theargonauts.com/bicycle-quotes/

Edited by The Inedible Bulk