Going to the Drive in tonight

Scrapr

Yay me (and Woscrapr)  and taking the doggehs

Lil scrapr is taking his GF out to dinner.  (in my Volvo since his Volvo broke...arghhh) So we have to take woscrapr rav 4. I's prefer my Volvo. But old habits die hard.

Minnions & Jurrasic whatevver

I'm gonna kiss WoScrapr tonite.

• Heart 2

In high school I had a Chrysler Newport.  You could put a VW bug in the trunk.

We'd go to the drive-in, pay for two people and instead of a VW bug we'd sneak two people in the trunk.  I always seemed to forget about that speed bump after the ticket booth, and the two in the trunk would, unfortunately, bang their heads on the inside of the trunk lid. :whistle:

• Heart 1

It seems our American car culture is slowly fading away. :(  

I believe the one below is the last drive in around here. They used to advertise a lot and have lots of fun activities every weekend. But I don't hear much about them anymore. Looks like they're also playing the Minions and Jurassic movies too. Drive Ins are fun. But I haven't been to one in years.

http://www.highway18.com/index.htm

NightSign.jpg

I may be in the minority here, but bad screen, crappy sound and mosquitoes is not my idea of a good time.

Those are all detractors but I think the draw for us is nostalgia, for the youth, it is a novelty.

I don't even go to regular theatres anymore.  I only go to the VIP screens where the seats are large and comfy and you can have a glass of wine or beer with the show. 

Drive-ins of my youth though were pretty much as Rattlecan described. :)

In high school I had a Chrysler Newport.  You could put a VW bug in the trunk.

We'd go to the drive-in, pay for two people and instead of a VW bug we'd sneak two people in the trunk.  I always seemed to forget about that speed bump after the ticket booth, and the two in the trunk would, unfortunately, bang their heads on the inside of the trunk lid. :whistle:

I worked at a drive-in around 1970. One of the jobs was patrolling the lot to keep people from sneaking in either from the woods around the place or in the trunks of cars. One of my favorite things to do was stand near a car with the rear end sagging somewhat on a very hot day in my little uniform (equipped with mace!). It was fun to see how long the people in the trunk would last. Sometimes the car would drive over to a different part of the lot. I'd follow. Often the car would drive out the exit after a while. :lol:

Working at the drive-in was one of my favorite all-time jobs. Got to watch R and X-rated movies as a 16 YO. Heck I even worked the projector! The place was owned my the mob and used to launder money. 

I worked at a drive-in around 1970. One of the jobs was patrolling the lot to keep people from sneaking in either from the woods around the place or in the trunks of cars. One of my favorite things to do was stand near a car with the rear end sagging somewhat on a very hot day in my little uniform (equipped with mace!). It was fun to see how long the people in the trunk would last. Sometimes the car would drive over to a different part of the lot. I'd follow. Often the car would drive out the exit after a while. :lol:

Killjoy! :angry:

Well it was not the greatest experience last night. We left about 5:30-5:45 to go pick up KFC. Drive to the next town over and get in line. It was LONG. As a matter of fact I don't think I've seen a line that long. Combo hot weather & two good movies. So even after getting in line approx. 6:00 pm we get in the gate and the place is packed already. Mostly just single spots left. And off to the side. Typically if we get in line at 6:00 we can sort of get middle rear. (reported) They have an indoor theatre too with a small parking lot that sort of faces the screen. They let so many cars in they had to use that parking lot too. I've never seen that before

The doggehs were a big hit. Kids on both sides of us were playing with them all night. But the dogs didn't really settle down. Typically they will just lay quietly after they get accustomed to the surrondings.  The concession line & bath room line was horrendous. Hour wait. We took WoScrapr Rav 4 instead of the usual Volvo. The Volvo has back seats that fold down 30%. So you have a back rest. It's perfect. Not so with the Rav.

Then Minnions was horrible. Hardly funny at all. We really like Despicable Me. This was not close to DM. We left before Jurrasic started. Oh, and when we left there was a line to see the 2nd show. We have never seen that before either