Trenton Makes...

Philander Seabury

Pizza!

America's Oldest Continuously Operating Pizzeria is in Trenton, N.J.

While Lombardi's may have been the first pizzeria in America, it closed in 1984 and didn't reopen until 10 years later, in a new location and under new management (although it still doesn't sell slices). Papa's Tomato Pies, which was founded by Giuseppe Papa in 1912 on South Clinton Avenue in Trenton, New Jersey, has operated continuously since opening day and is still owned and operated by the Papa family.

hmmm.... they relocated to suburban Robbinsville a year or so ago... does that count?  I haven't been to either location.

This is pretty close to where Captain America (from the old Love Forum) lived.... he's one of only two LF-ers I ever met in person.  Wonder how he's doing.

hmmm.... they relocated to suburban Robbinsville a year or so ago... does that count?  I haven't been to either location.

This is pretty close to where Captain America (from the old Love Forum) lived.... he's one of only two LF-ers I ever met in person.  Wonder how he's doing.

He came back ever so briefly a few years ago - seemed to be doing fine.  Yeah, changing locations is sort of cheating!