What books were you gifted that didn't resonate with you?

Wilbur

Wilbur, you described your great Aunt as eclectic.  More info please. 

I once had an Aunt that a groupie for Neil Diamond during his Cracklin Rose days. 

Your story would be infinitely more interesting.

Mine was the "Secretary" to the President and Chairman of "Canadian Pacific Ltd." which was at the time, one of the biggest non Crown Corporations.

She never married and had no interest in gentleman callers.  She was fascinated by fashion and always wore outlandish outfits, always out dressing the requirements of the situation.  She lived with her brother who also never married.  She made thousands of neckties and sold them under the name Nicole.  She wrote several books on sewing techniques and manufacturing processes of clothing.  They didn't sell well ans she died with about 200 boxes of her books in her tiny West End apartment.  She wasn't a woman you could get close to, the polar opposite of her sister, my grandmother.

• Heart 1

I only have one Cheese and it is a blue and green tartan.  It was made in the early 50's.  Will you accept a photo?

yes!  But ask around please? I will pay money. I love the story of Auntie Wilbur 

Edited by AirwickWithCheese
Imogen Hassall
  • Heart 1

Young Cheese saw her less than 24 hours before she crossed Jordan.  I remember thinking she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen at the time.   

Sorry, I had forgotten their airport of departure.. Now I hate Neil Young too.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Heart 1

Octavia Butler The Parable of the Talents.  Too violent.

I haven't read that one, but I've read a few other Octavia Butler books. I love her stories, but her writing style (though brilliant) is difficult to read. There's something about her writing style that slows me down quite a bit. I've read the Xenogenesis Cycle (Lilith's Brood) and "Kindred". Both were great stories.

For me, it would be Strike Two. A baseball book. It was given to me by my uncle when I was probably 10 or 11. It was about professional baseball. I played Little League was really into it, but I really didn't care that much for professional baseball. I think I tried to pick up this book two different times and couldn't get into it either time.

1336745.jpg