Tomorrow

Indy

Good news! Prayers for healing and for growing in confidence.  

I has a student two years ago with a surgically repaired cleft palate. He had been in and out of school for years because he couldn't get over the fact that people looked at his upper lip. His mom home schooled him, which was good for his continuing education, but it made him want to hide away instead of secure in the knowledge that he had much to offer the world. 

Yay!!!  How long before she can get back to doing the whole bottle/eating/chewing on stuff thing?  Are there any other surgeries she will need, or was this it?

You have to be so relieved she came through ok!

As soon as she starts eating.  That's kind of the hard part because she has to relearn to eat, she's never had complete lips and has had a plastic piece in her mouth acting as a fake palette since basically she was born.  She was allowed to start trying as soon as she woke up, but haven't gone to well so far, she's not a happy camper.  Next surgery to repair the hard palate is at around a year old.

Is your heart beating normally again??...she looks good...  :)   How long was she in surgery?

2 1/2 hours, so a lot of sitting around and waiting.

Edited by Indy

I am happy for you and the family that the surgery went well. The little sweetie will adjust to the changes in no time.

All my best.

Edited by Pokey
Poor grammer