What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

Road Runner

I know that none of you elitist, lycra-wearing, hippie snobs eats fast food, but if you were forced to at gun point, which one would you opt for?

My favorite is Arby's.  It's really bad-for-you stuff, but I only eat there about once every couple months.  I ate there today.  I'll be doubling up on my Lipitor tonight!   :D

I will cast my vote to a place called Smashburger.  Anybody been?  A burger, fries and a drink will run upwards of $11 but man is that good.  They have these rosemary-olive oil shoestring fries that are incredible.

We have one in Kzoo.  I have not been there but have heard great things.  I might have to check it out.

I will cast my vote to a place called Smashburger.  Anybody been?  A burger, fries and a drink will run upwards of $11 but man is that good.  They have these rosemary-olive oil shoestring fries that are incredible.

They must be good to have overcome the name, "Smashburger".  :D

They must be good to have overcome the name, "Smashburger".  :D

Apparently they make a loose ball of meat that goes on the grill, then they smash it into a flat patty before flipping it.   Better texture, seals in juices... well, that's what they say.  All I know is I probably have not gotten a better burger at a place where you stand and order at the counter.

There was a time when I would have voted for Moe's but the last couple times I ate there I was underwhelmed.  I haven't been to Baja Fresh in years but I remember that as being excellent.

Taco Bell

I only eat fast food when driving across the country, but I would have to say that Taco Bell is the best tasting.  I don't know that I would call it Mexican, but it tastes good.  You get a gut-ache after, though.

In-and-Out is good for a ff burger place, too.  I think their employees all should make $37.42/hr at IaO, and $29.31/hr at TB.

Yes, I have been to In-n-Out in Cali, Vegas and Texas and yes, they are good.  But as a Texas boy, born and bred, I have to give go with what I know and grew up with, which is Whataburger.  

Whataburger is very good fast food. 

In-n-Out is also very good, but their employees are the best in the FF industry. Always polite, and they actually do their job very well. 

Have you tried Fatburger? Also great food. 

Probably Wendy's.  I used to be a huge fan in my single days, back when they had the salad bar.  A single and chili - mmmm-mmm!

When traveling, In and Out is pretty good.  Whataburger gets extra points for having a jalapeno burger.  )(**(^ McDonald's canceled theirs around here after a short while.

Five Guys is good but oh so greasy, both the burgers and the fries.

We peaked on Smashburger.  I loved their big salads but the last one wasn't so fresh. 

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

I'll do the fast food thing 3 or 4 times a year so when I do it is Dairy Queen. The Dairy Queen restaurants around here will serve the burger on a  Sheboygan Hard Roll. A Hard Roll is a type of bun that is only available in a 20 mile radius from Sheboygan.

I might get ice cream once a year from there.     

Smashburger is pretty decent.  We got a few Five Guys around here recently --it's just a burger, nothing special.  And their fries are less than mediocre.  We have no Whataburgers, so I can't say anything about them.

For semi-fast food, Noodles and Company is pretty good.

For "real" fast food, Taco Bell just has creative, original ideas.  Almost every time they come out with an idea, it looks good enough to think you'd want to try it, not something I can say of any other fast food place.

I'll pass on the fast food chains. Our independent coffee shops offer much tastier food at a comparable price. If it must be a chain, choices are a bit limited. The only fast food places we have in town are Subway, A&W and Dairy Queen. Subway is the healthiest of those choices.

• Heart 1