I went to two concerts last week

Randomguy

Was this Manders fellow good?

I went to see Interpol on Tuesday, and Modest Mouse on Wednesday.  I wasn't super-impressed with Interpol.  Modest Mouse was better, but the worst banter of any band I have ever seen.  He really should have just shut up between the songs.

The sound system detracted from the overall, but people-watching was good. 

I went to see Interpol on Tuesday, and Modest Mouse on Wednesday.  I wasn't super-impressed with Interpol.  Modest Mouse was better, but the worst banter of any band I have ever seen.  He really should have just shut up between the songs.

Cool - I would like to see Interpol.  I really enjoyed the Brit-rock resurgence they were a part of in the mid-2000s.

Not a huge fan of Modest Mouse - aside from the most excellent song "Dashboard".

Cool - I would like to see Interpol.  I really enjoyed the Brit-rock resurgence they were a part of in the mid-2000s.

Not a huge fan of Modest Mouse - aside from the most excellent song "Dashboard".

It probably would have been better if the sound system wasn't so muddy, lots of nuance gone.  There were a couple of good Interpol songs, though.  The crowd skewed a little older toward Modest Mouse, even though the relative popularity of both bands started at roughly the same point in our collective consciousness.  Anyway, MM has a punchier sound that escaped the poor equipment a little more easily.

Edited by Randomguy™

Saw Decemberists last night at Ommegang. They did a great show but your home girls (Brooklyn) opening for them - Lucius - kinda sucked. Totally forgettable dance pop crap. I really wanted to like them because they were different, but I just couldn't.

I like what I've heard of the Decemberists