Never Go On A 20 Mile Ride

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

One of these days I should test my pump and make sure it still works. It's been riding around on the bike for thousands of miles without being needed. I might also want to check my spare tubes and patches, they have about the same miles on them riding around in the seat bag.

This post makes me think about when I was a kid and I'd run out of the house, jump on the bike and go.  I guess we were never very far from the house though.

I miss the days when we could spend an entire hour on our bikes while staying within a half-mile radius of the house.  Nowadays that doesn't stay interesting for long.

My flat-tire-walkin' shoes were a lot more comfortable then too.

I guess we were never very far from the house though.

I was. In fact, last night I was about as far from the house as I used to go, as a kid. Funny thing, as a kid, I only remember one flat - we left my bike at a farm and my buddy and I rode double the four or five miles home. The only other mechanical I remember was my buddy broke a chain and I towed him home about five miles.

Well, there was the time I ran into the back of my sister's bike, drove the point of the fender into the tire and we had to walk about four miles home..... I remember this because she still brings it up, on occasion.....