I miss the TdF spoliers

Scrapr

Here's a freakin spoiler for you.

MSNBC decided that a bunch of rednecks driving around in a damn circle would be a better way to end a three week race than hearing the speech from the winner while on the podium.  We also didn't get to see the polka dot jersey.  I don't understand NASCAR, and honestly think it's the biggest waste of fossil fuel I've ever heard of, but at least if they stopped televising the TdF to got to NASCAR that was in progress I could almost understand.  Instead they left TdF to go to a bunch of commentators talking about what was going to happen.  The friggin race didn't even start yet!  WTF is there to talk about?  "So, what do you think will happen?, Gee I don't know, they'll drive around in circles for hours?"

Anyhow, to ruin the ending for those that didn't see it, they guy taking the better drugs won.

Here's a freakin spoiler for you.

MSNBC decided that a bunch of rednecks driving around in a damn circle would be a better way to end a three week race than hearing the speech from the winner while on the podium.  We also didn't get to see the polka dot jersey.  I don't understand NASCAR, and honestly think it's the biggest waste of fossil fuel I've ever heard of, but at least if they stopped televising the TdF to got to NASCAR that was in progress I could almost understand.  Instead they left TdF to go to a bunch of commentators talking about what was going to happen.  The friggin race didn't even start yet!  WTF is there to talk about?  "So, what do you think will happen?, Gee I don't know, they'll drive around in circles for hours?"

We were at my parents' and just about to sit down to dinner at that moment, but as they were switching to NASCAR I thought I heard someone say that they'd come back to show Froome on the podium getting his stuff.  I take it they never did?  That sucks but I guess I'm not surprised.  There were a few nights through the TdF where some NASCAR show pre-empted the day's recap too.  I miss the days of OLN and Versus.

and I guess Hanna And Her Boobs goes back in the box till next July.

We were at my parents' and just about to sit down to dinner at that moment, but as they were switching to NASCAR I thought I heard someone say that they'd come back to show Froome on the podium getting his stuff.  I take it they never did?  That sucks but I guess I'm not surprised.  There were a few nights through the TdF where some NASCAR show pre-empted the day's recap too.  I miss the days of OLN and Versus.

and I guess Hanna And Her Boobs goes back in the box till next July.

If I never see another Hannah and her horse ad, it will be too soon!  How they could take a pretty girl and a pretty scene and make them so extremely irritating is an amazing work of art.

• Heart 1

I take it they never did? 

They showed the stage winner, most aggressive, white and green, then went to NASCAR, then came back for less than 1 minute as the yellow was being zipped on.  No speech from Chris and no polka dot.  Again, all to listen to NASCAR commentators, not even for the actual race.

NASCAR is beyond stupid.  It was okay entertainment for the locals back in the 50's and 60's when there was nothing else to do.  Guys built their own cars from true stock cars and raced them.  Today"s cars have nothing stock in them.  The idea of cheering on your favorite brand is dead.  The cars are basically all the same and if a particular "make" should appear to be gaining an advantage, NASCAR changes the rules to make all the cars even again.  It's just round and round for hours on end and the winner is usually just the luckiest car among the top twenty or so.  I predict NASCAR will continue to lose fans and popularity as society evolves and finally almost everyone asks the question, "What is the point?"

• Heart 1

NASCAR is beyond stupid.  It was okay entertainment for the locals back in the 50's and 60's when there was nothing else to do.  Guys built their own cars from true stock cars and raced them.  Today"s cars have nothing stock in them.  The idea of cheering on your favorite brand is dead.  The cars are basically all the same and if a particular "make" should appear to be gaining an advantage, NASCAR changes the rules to make all the cars even again.  It's just round and round for hours on end and the winner is usually just the luckiest car among the top twenty or so.  I predict NASCAR will continue to lose fans and popularity as society evolves and finally almost everyone asks the question, "What is the point?"

You are gonna 'get tossed out of Virginny talkin' like that, boy!  They'll send your ass to Massachusetts!