Is this a Fred move?

TrentonMakes

I'm going to put my Bontrager saddle from the MTB on the road bike and see how that goes.  It's probably 15 years old - I bought it someplace in the Catskills during a camping trip after one of the rails on the stock saddle snapped on a morning ride.  We'll see if it's as comfortable as I remember.

12516d1082461690-saddle-report-saddles_b

Comfortable is comfortable.  I wonder if you will still think it is comfortable, though, if you haven't ridden it in 15 years.  Why not something new and shiny?

Well, the KHS came with a new and shiny one, and the relationship isn't going that well - though I need to determine whether my problem is the saddle, or the shorts (new last season), or both.  This may or may not be a long term solution but it's a cheap way to help clarify the issue.  And the Bontrager is still on the MTB, which I've ridden about 70 miles this year (but no more than 30 at a time).

Despite its age the Bontrager is still in real good shape and looks nice.  Come to think of it, this saddle might only be about 10 years old - I remember now that I replaced it once with one just like it because it was comfortable.

Well, the KHS came with a new and shiny one, and the relationship isn't going that well - though I need to determine whether my problem is the saddle, or the shorts (new last season), or both.  This may or may not be a long term solution but it's a cheap way to help clarify the issue.  And the Bontrager is still on the MTB, which I've ridden about 70 miles this year (but no more than 30 at a time).

Despite its age the Bontrager is still in real good shape and looks nice.  Come to think of it, this saddle might only be about 10 years old - I remember now that I replaced it once with one just like it because it was comfortable.

Ah, if it works, it works.  Free is free, too, so there is that.  I am so used to wanting to get the new stuff, is all, but that is a habit I picked up when I was buying wholesale.

• Heart 2

Who cares if it is Fred?  

oh right, I forgot this isn't the Bicycling forum. :D

When I was a kid I could ride for hours, on the stock saddle from a department store 10-speed, in a pair of cutoff shorts (and I did!) - and it didn't bother me.

sigh..... this summer has me thinking a lot about all the bike riding I did when I was a kid/teenager.

If you haven't taken into account the weight in grams and the aerodynamics of the underside of the saddle then no......it does not belong on a road bike.  If however you wish to put it on a bike you ride on the road then fine but you're never going to be a roads scholar. 

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 1

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Who am I kidding.  I ride a girls saddle because it's the one that causes me the least amount of pain.  It's far from comfortable, but I've given up on the idea that riding isn't supposed to hurt like hell.

Ride whatever works, who cares?

Sounds like you need to do some saddle shopping if you hurt that bad on your bike.

I have a saddle ...it was one of two  I got with the Colnago deal..(which is still for sale btw)   PM me your addy if you want it (the saddle...not the Colnago)...I believe it is a guys  (a guy purchased the gear)...and I will send it to you. Or when I get home I can do a pic and send you more info

I ride a girls saddle because it's the one that causes me the least amount of pain.  It's far from comfortable, but I've given up on the idea that riding isn't supposed to hurt like hell.

Ride whatever works, who cares?

this explains a lot about SW. 

Try cleaning the sand out of your vagina before riding.