TIB

jsharr

That color clashes with your eyes.  You should have gone with the other color.  Major fail.  Can you take it back?

The Maroon one was totaled in a,wreck and the brownstone was actually loaner vehicle.  The red one was the last one left at 25% in my price range.  Pick it up tomorrow.

That is a sharp looking truck.  What year is it? 

I have a feeling that I will be looking for a new truck within the next 3 years or so.  When the Expy is done I think I am going with a truck next time.  I will prop look for a 3/4 ton diesel.  4 door.  That way I can upgrade to a bigger camper next! 

I reckon that I should start shopping now if I want to use the Petite plan of car shopping.

• Heart 3

No Parr8..you know you want a truck...now you just need about 3 mos....  If Chevy still made an S-10...my car shopping would have been done in 10 minutes..:P

My waiting is going to be more about the death of the Expedition.  So waiting is a good thing.  That means that my SUV is lasting a long time. 

My waiting is going to be more about the death of the Expedition.  So waiting is a good thing.  That means that my SUV is lasting a long time. 

Keep hauling that trailer around in OD and it might happen quicker than you expect.  :)

Edited by Kzoo

I have a feeling that I will be looking for a new truck within the next 3 years or so.  When the Expy is done I think I am going with a truck next time.  I will prop look for a 3/4 ton diesel.  4 door.  That way I can upgrade to a bigger camper next! 

I reckon that I should start shopping now if I want to use the Petite plan of car shopping.

Thanks.  I really wanted the maroon one, but some butthole wrecked it and it was a loaner vehicle as well.  The Brownstone one was also a loaner and was off the lot, so we drove the red one. It is a pretty basic 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab, short bed, 4.3 V-6 with 6 speed auto.  It is an LT with no options.  Has information center in the gauge cluster and a 5" screen in the dash as well.  Black cloth interior.  Very roomy and much nicer than the ten year old Ford I was driving. 

I told the boys that the maroon truck I had been looking at got wrecked and the brown truck was a loaner and the red truck had a deal working on it, (which it did when we got there, but they sold it to me anyway!) and that I would just have to keep looking.  Can't wait to pull into the drive way in it tonight.

Sort of bittersweet to get rid of the old Ford Freestyle, as it has gone on every scout trip and vacation trip we have ever taken with the boys.  Ten years and 150,000 miles of great memories in that car.

• Heart 2

Diesel isn't worth the extra cash unless you pretty much tow 100% of a time.  Higher fuel cost and higher maintenance cost and not enough of a boost in MPG to offset it unless you are towing near max pretty much 100% of a time.

Found a post on a forum somewhere, can't remember where.  A guy really went all out breaking down all of the cost differences between 3/4 ton diesel and gas.  So I'm thinking 3/4 ton gas, though for the most part, a 1/2 ton with the right engine will more than meet my needs.  The issue only comes in if I'm pulling a flat bed trailer with 10,000 lbs plus of tractor on it.  As far as camper, a 1/2 ton truck can handle a lot of camper.

Yeah, I've been looking.  Probably will be next year though unless I find a deal to good to resist.

Thanks.  I really wanted the maroon one, but some butthole wrecked it and it was a loaner vehicle as well.  The Brownstone one was also a loaner and was off the lot, so we drove the red one. It is a pretty basic 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab, short bed, 4.3 V-6 with 6 speed auto.  It is an LT with no options.  Has information center in the gauge cluster and a 5" screen in the dash as well.  Black cloth interior.  Very roomy and much nicer than the ten year old Ford I was driving. 

I told the boys that the maroon truck I had been looking at got wrecked and the brown truck was a loaner and the red truck had a deal working on it, (which it did when we got there, but they sold it to me anyway!) and that I would just have to keep looking.  Can't wait to pull into the drive way in it tonight.

Sort of bittersweet to get rid of the old Ford Freestyle, as it has gone on every scout trip and vacation trip we have ever taken with the boys.  Ten years and 150,000 miles of great memories in that car.

You will regret the V6, almost everyone does.

We do not tow anything and have no plans to do so.   I considered the V8 but decided the 6 would be fine for our needs.

I had the V6 in my 94 Silverado.  It was a great engine for me.  Almost 200K and still going strong.  One of my friends bought it and loves it.

I got excellent gas mileage, too.  Much better my newer 09 V6 Ford.

• Heart 1

I had the V6 in my 94 Silverado.  It was a great engine for me.  Almost 200K and still going.  One of my friends bought it and loves it.

They must be working better than the Ford ones then.  Everyone I know that had a 6 cylinder in a Ford has hated it.  Even a lot of the realistic reviews on the new eco boosted V6 have not been good.  They call it all boost and no eco, to get them anywhere close to claimed gas mileage you have to baby it to absolutely no end which they said meant basically pissing off everyone on the road as old people where even passing them from a stop.  Driving like a half way normal person, they go worse gas mileage than the V8, and that was just driving it empty.

They must be working better than the Ford ones then.  Everyone I know that had a 6 cylinder in a Ford has hated it.  Even a lot of the realistic reviews on the new eco boosted V6 have not been good.  They call it all boost and no eco, to get them anywhere close to claimed gas mileage you have to baby it to absolutely no end which they said meant basically pissing off everyone on the road as old people where even passing them from a stop.  Driving like a half way normal person, they go worse gas mileage than the V8, and that was just driving it empty.

I now have an 09 Ford Ranger with the V6 and I am not pleased with the gas mileage.  It sucks compared to the Chevy.  However, the Ford V6 is very strong and accelerates quite a bit quicker.  Personally, I would rather have the mileage I had in my Silverado.

• Heart 1

Diesel isn't worth the extra cash unless you pretty much tow 100% of a time.  Higher fuel cost and higher maintenance cost and not enough of a boost in MPG to offset it unless you are towing near max pretty much 100% of a time.

Found a post on a forum somewhere, can't remember where.  A guy really went all out breaking down all of the cost differences between 3/4 ton diesel and gas.  So I'm thinking 3/4 ton gas, though for the most part, a 1/2 ton with the right engine will more than meet my needs.  The issue only comes in if I'm pulling a flat bed trailer with 10,000 lbs plus of tractor on it.  As far as camper, a 1/2 ton truck can handle a lot of camper.

Yeah, I've been looking.  Probably will be next year though unless I find a deal to good to resist.

You will regret the V6, almost everyone does.

I hear ya.  My dad has a Lariat Diesel F250 crew cab with the 8 foot box.  It is a beast.  He has said on numerous occasions that he would buy gas if he ever got another truck.  I have several friends that have F250's or 2500 chevys that are looking to get a 1/2 ton again.  I think the big problem is finding a used 3/4 ton that has a gas motor.  Just about every one I see is diesel.  I would have absolutely no problem getting a 4 door gas 3/4 ton.  That's probably what it will be for me unless I come across a deal I can't pass up on diesel (which is very possible with people trying to unload them). 

The diesels around here are the "cool" thing to have.  I know a ton of people that have one and don't even pull a trailer! 

But hopefully this is something that I don't have to deal with for 2-3 years at least.

I hear ya.  My dad has a Lariat Diesel F250 crew cab with the 8 foot box.  It is a beast.  He has said on numerous occasions that he would buy gas if he ever got another truck.  I have several friends that have F250's or 2500 chevys that are looking to get a 1/2 ton again.  I think the big problem is finding a used 3/4 ton that has a gas motor.  Just about every one I see is diesel.  I would have absolutely no problem getting a 4 door gas 3/4 ton.  That's probably what it will be for me unless I come across a deal I can't pass up on diesel (which is very possible with people trying to unload them). 

The diesels around here are the "cool" thing to have.  I know a ton of people that have one and don't even pull a trailer! 

But hopefully this is something that I don't have to deal with for 2-3 years at least.

The probably with a lot of those used ones that buy them to be cool, they've screwed with them so they need a bad tune job.  Diesel trucks don't blow black smoke unless they aren't running right and a lot of them you see have been messed with so they can blow a cloud of black smoke for some reason.  You can find 3/4 ton gas ones, but you have to be patient, but even with 1/2 tons, the ones that I have seen I would do now, are gone so fast I haven't managed to actually look at one.  Had a F150 King Ranch 1/2 ton I was going to go look at, they had just got it in and was in the body shop getting cleaned up, they were supposed to call me as soon as they pulled it out.  Never heard from them and was gone.  :(

Good used trucks sell freaking fast.

At my age, if someone offered me a pretty woman or a pretty truck, I'd take the truck in a heart beat.

At this point, I would better know what to do with the truck.

• Heart 1

Vehicles and chicks are pains in the ass.  They are both fine if you aren't in a relationship with them, but they require lots of maintenance if you are.  

Difference is, if I don't use the vehicle, it doesn't need much maintenance.  Chicks require lots of maintenance whether you use them or not.

20150728_205229.jpg

Where's the fish?

Nice truck jsharr. I've had a GMC with the V6...I rarely pulled with it, but for doing the work I did at the time,it was just fine with me. A vocational truck is supposed to be economical. The rest are either towing or toys.

Right now, I have an Expedition with the small V8. Kind of a dog, but it does what I need. 18 more months and its new truck time for me.

• Heart 1

The probably with a lot of those used ones that buy them to be cool, they've screwed with them so they need a bad tune job.  Diesel trucks don't blow black smoke unless they aren't running right and a lot of them you see have been messed with so they can blow a cloud of black smoke for some reason.  You can find 3/4 ton gas ones, but you have to be patient, but even with 1/2 tons, the ones that I have seen I would do now, are gone so fast I haven't managed to actually look at one.  Had a F150 King Ranch 1/2 ton I was going to go look at, they had just got it in and was in the body shop getting cleaned up, they were supposed to call me as soon as they pulled it out.  Never heard from them and was gone.  :(

Good used trucks sell freaking fast.

Yea, I hear you about the modified diesels.  Everyone chips them up and mods the exhaust, intake and injectors.  Suddenly your 300,000 mile motor gets it's life expectancy cut in half.

Yea, I hear you about the modified diesels.  Everyone chips them up and mods the exhaust, intake and injectors.  Suddenly your 300,000 mile motor gets it's life expectancy cut in half.

My favorite are the ones where they cut a hole in a bed so they can run smoke stacks up behind the cab, then they wonder why they have trouble selling them later.  Nothing like a big hot pipe running up through your bed to make it worthless for hauling shit.

• Heart 2