How do you like your new state, compared to your old state?

Randomguy

Much, much better. Economically it's much better. Temperature/Weather-wise it's much more comfortable. Activity-wise there is a LOT more to do (and more mild temps makes it easier to do them more often).

I'll take Washington over Florida any day.

I was born in North Carolina but moved to Virginia when I was nine.  Except for two years in Florida, I've been here ever since.  I like it here fine.  I just wish we were like Florida and didn't have state income tax.

Also, hurricane season sucks big time.

Edited by Larry David

Having lived in Texas for all but 6 years of my life that I can remember, I cannot really answer this.  The six years in Oklahoma were incredible, but that was because I have great parents and I was in elementary school.

Also lived in Lafayette Indiana for a year when I was a baby jsharr.  I do not remember it at all.  My brother does though, because his dog got out and a deer hunter shot it.  Apparently little beagle dogs look just like fucking deer!  

I really enjoyed the time I spent in the Pittsburgh area (on an extended work assignment).  Great town, great food and interesting geography.

When I lived in PA there were not many people saying that.  Actually, I never heard anyone say that back then.  This was the 70's - The City of Champions.  But a lousy city.  This was before the revitalization.  It was Detroit before Detroit.  Shuttered steel mills, closed businesses and long unemployment lines.  Nothing about a great town or great food (unless you considered Iron City Beer - NOT).  It has always had interesting geography.

When I lived in PA there were not many people saying that.  Actually, I never heard anyone say that back then.  This was the 70's - The City of Champions.  But a lousy city.  This was before the revitalization.  It was Detroit before Detroit.  Shuttered steel mills, closed businesses and long unemployment lines.  Nothing about a great town or great food (unless you considered Iron City Beer - NOT).  It has always had interesting geography.

Yep - my assignment was in the fall of 1995, after it had been cleaned up.  I've heard a similar story from many people - twenty years prior no one thought Pittsburgh was a nice place.

Plus I thought the morning show guys on WDVE were hilarious.  I have a couple of their CDs.

NJ is not a bad state, it just does some bad things, like tax us poor bastards to death.  PA has lots of good points, but sometimes all that nothingness gets to be too much.  Southren NJ has much mo' better biking roads, surprisingly.  Southeastern PA's just have no shoulders at all, so they are death traps.

Chaos is Chaos....no change...

I was raised in MN...spent 2 very hot years in a burb of Dallas..Texican Country...met some nice yankees when I was there. Returned to MN..(I do like 4 seasons..fall color and green grass)....From there I spent a year in Colorado...loved the state but not the job or economy...Returned to MN (hmmmmm pattern here)....Moved to Florida to take care of an elderly aunt...heat, humidity and...urine...that is what comes to mind when I think Florida  :whistle:  

I could move again for a good job or..OMG a relationship at this age  :blink: but I would like to see 4 seasons...