So how's the new truck?

Kzoo

So we get to the dealership around 4:30 to sign the papers and take ownership of the new Wagon Queen Family Truckster.  They had it detailed and sitting in the middle of the showroom floor.  Salesman gives me the keys and tells me he will let the finance guy know we are there.  30 minutes later we are sitting in the room with the finance guy who tells us how he is the information center and he is there to help us,  shows us some features of the dealership, goes over factory warranty and then the selling starts.

Tells us of the wonderful extended service plan, that will keep us out of so much trouble.,,,,,,  I let him go through the spiel and decline.  He tries a different tack.  I decline and tell him I just want to buy the truck at the deal we made last night.  He takes his folder and leaves and says he will be right back.  We sit for another 15 minutes and he comes back in opens his folder and tries to up sell us again.  I stop him and explain is short simple words if he tries to sell me one more thing, I will take the title for my car and leave and he can explain it to our sales man.

So he finally pulls out the contract.  There is some confusion about our trade in and then I ask if they ran the credit app jointly and in just my name as promised.  Our credit is not squeaky clean due to job loss, etc.  but is okay.

He tells me he only ran it jointly and I ask why.  I also ask him to call our salesman in.  Salesman is at a loss as to why what he and the sales manager said would be done was not done.  Guy leaves to go rerun the credit and comes back in with an offer 2.25 percent lower.

From there on out, he is printing forms and showing me where to sign as fast as he can.  He wants the butthole out of his office.! :)

Then came the fun part, where I got to take delivery of the truck on the showroom floor.  Then they backed it out of a very small door, gave the the final rundown of features, like bluetooth and onstar and stuff and sent me on the way.  Salesman got a good laugh when I paired my phone to the truck and it came up on the display as The Family Truckster (my phone used to be named Love Gun before this name).  If I name the truck, it will have to be The Wagon Queen.

It was great to pull into the driveway and surprise the boys with the new truck.  We had to go for a drive right off the bat then we had to come home and they crawled in and out and over and around.

Still have to make an appointment to have the bed liner sprayed in and I am going to order some runningboard / nerf bars for it and install them with the boys.

I am a very happy, lucky, blessed man.

Off to sleep in my truck now.  Maybe I will call her The Lady in Red also.

• Heart 4

Still have to make an appointment to have the bed liner sprayed in and I am going to order some runningboard / nerf bars for it and install them with the boys.

I had exactly the same done to my Ford.  I let the same guys who sprayed the liner install the bars as well.  Those really make the truck look great. 

• Heart 1

Why not "the painted whore" or somesuch?

Randomtruck™?  And the drive in to work this AM was sublime.  I almost took a picture of the the thermometer thingee on the dash to post on Facebook, just because I have never had a car with that feature.  And I changed radio stations a lot with the buttons on the back of the steering wheel.  And I parked WAY far away, on a corner spot. 

Randomtruck™?  And the drive in to work this AM was sublime.  I almost took a picture of the the thermometer thingee on the dash to post on Facebook, just because I have never had a car with that feature.  And I changed radio stations a lot with the buttons on the back of the steering wheel.  And I parked WAY far away, on a corner spot. 

I like to park in a corner or adjacent to a curb in a parking lot.  Then I pull over as far as possible to the curb to allow maximum distance even if someone should decide to park in the adjoining space.  Also, finding some nice shade, if possible, is a good thing.  Yes, I am certifiably insane.   :)

I like to park in a corner or adjacent to a curb in a parking lot.  Then I pull over as far as possible to the curb to allow maximum distance even if someone should decide to park in the adjoining space.  Also, finding some nice shade, if possible, is a good thing.  Yes, I am certifiably insane.   :)

One of the perks of my job is a parking spot in the covered garage.  No curbs, but there are some pillars you can park by.  And all of the spots offer 100% shade.  

I do the same thing at big lots, or I will now.  Yesterday, when I was driving a 10 year old beater with 153K on the clock, not so much!  

One of the perks of my job is a parking spot in the covered garage.  No curbs, but there are some pillars you can park by.  And all of the spots offer 100% shade.  

I do the same thing at big lots, or I will now.  Yesterday, when I was driving a 10 year old beater with 153K on the clock, not so much!  

Since I get to work so early, I have a really sweet spot.  This isn't my car, someone dared to park there (not assigned) and leave their car for a week.  Overnight parking is not allowed so I reported them.

9Srvx4wHah7VxYCvCBGAI1f-cdcyVtrNuE0ZgS6Y