NFL Prediction thread 2015

Former member

11-3? What about those other 2 games?

The Patriots went 11-5 in a full season without Brady in 2008. I think they'll do just fine.

Who did they have then?  Was that Matt Castle?  Who is going to be throwing for them this year the first 4 games? 

Yea, I must have been sleep deprived when I wrote that.  I mean 13-3.  I can't wait to see Luck with some new weapons this year.  D line looks decent, O line looks like it will be a weak spot.  Gore looks like he will be a Beast. 

Who did they have then?  Was that Matt Castle?  Who is going to be throwing for them this year the first 4 games? 

Yea, I must have been sleep deprived when I wrote that.  I mean 13-3.  I can't wait to see Luck with some new weapons this year.  D line looks decent, O line looks like it will be a weak spot.  Gore looks like he will be a Beast. 

yes it was Matt Cassel. He never even started a college game at QB when the Pats took him in the 7th round. 

Jimmy G is a second round draft pick, and the probable replacement for Brady when he calls it quits. 

I don't think he's the next great QB, but looking at the 1st 4 games of the Pats season, I expect 2-2. The Pats will beat Jacksonville for sure, and I think they will win an emotional opener over Pittsburgh. 

I wonder what Luck and Wilson's careers would look like if the started for the other team. 

Luck with Seattle's defense would be insane. 

Wilson with Indy's defense would be ugly. 

Or Luck w/ Marshawn in the backfield.  He should be better with Gore... I think that guy has at least one more decent year left in him... but I doubt two.  As far as Wilson is concerned, he's better perhaps than you realize.  But no question he has benefited from a great D and a great running game.  No doubt.  But now w/ Graham, I feel sorry for teams that have to face us.  Look what Graham did for Brees.  Now throw in Lynch in the backfield and Russell's legs in the read option?  Bummer opposing defenses.

Edited by dotman17
  • Heart 1

Parr8, the Colts defense is no better than last year, and Luck throws to the opponent far to often. 

There's no doubt he will be great soon, but with that defense he needs to be the best QB ever to win games. 

We'll  see.  I am not so sure on the INT's.  Brady in all of his excellence is averaging 11 per year.  Luck is 14 (av over the first 3 years).  Sure, that is more but Brady has been playing a long time. 18, 9, 16 picks in Luck's first 3 seasons.  Brady went 12, 14, 12 in his first 3.  But Luck has also thrown for more yards in his first 3 than Tom did.  12,957 Vs 10,227.  Almost 3000 more yards.  You are going to have more pics. 

As for the D?  Not sure.  What I wouldn't give to have a young, HEALTHY Bob Sanders back.  Man, that dude could lay the boom.  Our corners look solid.  Safety area looks good.  Line and linebackers remain to be seen.  I would like to think that we can put a solid defense out this year.  But you never know until you start to see the stats the first few games.  In the past the defensive mode was always "just keep the other team under 30 points because Peyton will score 40". 

Growing up on the East Coast, The Pats were always the team, but being on the West Coast the last 7 years, the Seahawks are considered the "Local" team.  I really didn't know who I was going to hope for in last years Superbowl until I sat down to watch it. I ended up betting on the Pats with my son, so got a free lunch out of it on one of our dive excursions

I'll say Pats will go 10-6 (1-3 without Brady) and Seattle will go 9-7.

1-3 without Brady makes sense(Jacksonville sucks). Don't rule out an emotional win over Pittsburgh though,

Seattle is far better than 9-7. I can't imagine them worse than 11-5, and think 12-4 is quite likely. 

Yeah, you're probably right.  My 9-7 was a "Wilson just signed a new fat contract and will rest on his laurels until the half-way point, then kick it into gear" guess.

Polamalu retired, so that should speed up their defense a little.

Dick LeBeau retired after years as DC.  Kevin Butler steps in after 13 years as an assistant and most of those under LeBeau.  So there's lots of questions on defense.  Last year their secondary was lousy.  This year their secondary is......... different.  Front 7 should be good - anyone ever want to mess with the Steelers LBs?  The offense was one of the best in the league last year and should be even better this year.

As for their first game with the Pats, not many teams have an emotional win over the Steelers.  They get beat by better teams like everyone else but an emotional win........  One of the things I see from the Pats is that they have tended to start slow and finish strong.  I'm tinking it has to do with BB's approach to the new preseason camp rules.  I would rather face a BB team week 1 than week 17. 

• Heart 1

Dick LeBeau retired after years as DC.  Kevin Butler steps in after 13 years as an assistant and most of those under LeBeau.  So there's lots of questions on defense.  Last year their secondary was lousy.  This year their secondary is......... different.  Front 7 should be good - anyone ever want to mess with the Steelers LBs?  The offense was one of the best in the league last year and should be even better this year.

As for their first game with the Pats, not many teams have an emotional win over the Steelers.  They get beat by better teams like everyone else but an emotional win........  One of the things I see from the Pats is that they have tended to start slow and finish strong.  I'm tinking it has to do with BB's approach to the new preseason camp rules.  I would rather face a BB team week 1 than week 17. 

I think not having LeBeau might be good for Pittsburgh. 

Many years the Patriots rest some players in the final regular season game due to being unable to improve their playoff seeding, but I agree they are usually playing better in December than September. 

In week 1 Pittsburgh will be without Bell, but the Patriots will be without Blount and likely Brady. If Brady plays, I give Pittsburgh a 10% chance of winning the opener. Without Brady the game is a Pick'em(IMO). 

Yeah, you're probably right.  My 9-7 was a "Wilson just signed a new fat contract and will rest on his laurels until the half-way point, then kick it into gear" guess.

I give Wilson more credit than that. He's a very very good QB and not a head case/immature hotshot. He and Luck are the best young Quarterbacks in the league. 

I'd trade the Patriots best player(Gronkowski) , Jimmy G, and a 1st round pick in the 2017 draft for Wilson or Luck. 

I give Wilson more credit than that. He's a very very good QB and not a head case/immature hotshot. He and Luck are the best young Quarterbacks in the league. 

I'd trade the Patriots best player(Gronkowski) , Jimmy G, and a 1st round pick in the 2017 draft for Wilson or Luck. 

You don't think that Brady is the Patriot's best player?

You don't think that Brady is the Patriot's best player?

Most Valuable player for the next 4-6 years is Gronkowski. Brady has 2-3 declining years before retirement. Gronkowski has 3-5 years at his near peak left. 

I love Tom, but he is past his prime. Gronkowski is the best player going forward. 

Most Valuable player for the next 4-6 years is Gronkowski. Brady has 2-3 declining years before retirement. Gronkowski has 3-5 years at his near peak left. 

I love Tom, but he is past his prime. Gronkowski is the best player going forward. 

Interesting.  I totally agree but I didn't think you would say that.  I thought that you would call Brady the best.  I agree with you about Luck or Wilson.  I think the Colts are VERY fortunate to have Luck and was 100% behind the move to get rid of an aging Manning and take Luck.   I just hope that they come up with the jack to keep him there and don't let contract negotiations get rid of him. 

Interesting.  I totally agree but I didn't think you would say that.  I thought that you would call Brady the best.  I agree with you about Luck or Wilson.  I think the Colts are VERY fortunate to have Luck and was 100% behind the move to get rid of an aging Manning and take Luck.   I just hope that they come up with the jack to keep him there and don't let contract negotiations get rid of him. 

Indy will give luck whatever he demands. They tanked an entire season to get him, and he is what they thought he would be. No chance they let him get away. 

Parr8, the Colts defense is no better than last year, and Luck throws to the opponent far to often. 

There's no doubt he will be great soon, but with that defense he needs to be the best QB ever to win games. 

They have Frank Gore, though, so the defense will get a rest while they have long drives with successful running plays for a change.

you sure about that? 32 year old HBs rarely do much. 

I know, I think about that.   He seems a rare guy, though, that doesn't get injured unless it is major, so he is effective when he plays.  I think he has two effective years left, then a namby-pamby year before he retires.

Smith was arrested on suspicion of DUI in January 2012, a charge that was later reduced to reckless driving. Later that year, he faced three felony weapons charges stemming from a June 2012 party at his home. Police said several shots were fired, two partygoers were injured and Smith was stabbed. Smith pleaded not guilty, and the weapons charges were later reduced.

Smith was arrested and charged with DUI again after a car accident in September 2013. He voluntarily entered rehab and missed five games that season. In July 2014, Smith was sentenced to 11 days of work release for that DUI in Santa Clara.

In August 2014, Smith was suspended for the first nine games of last season for violating the NFL's personal conduct and substance abuse policies, in connection to the 2013 drunken-driving arrest.

Smith also was arrested April 13, 2014, at Los Angeles International Airport. Police said he was randomly selected for a secondary screening and became uncooperative, telling a TSA agent he had a bomb. No charges were filed in that incident.

It's nice to see this country has it's priorities.  Found at the Republican debate last night.

06_Caw_FlaccoDebate_news.jpg

That's a guy knows as PFT Commenter who does a satirical blog at SB Nation.  One of his weekly schticks is to discuss Flacco's eliteness for that week.  If you can find the uncropped version of that photo, you'll see a couple of dudes with neck beards making out on the other side of the suit.  NTTIAWWT.

How do you spell "Quarterback" ?

That's also part of the guy's schtick.  He deliberately misspells half the words in his column.

Here's a link to his article, including the uncropped pic.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/8/7/9114747/joe-flacco-elite-gop-debate-cleveland

Edited by Reverend_Maynard