Good Sunday Morning!

petitepedal

I  just had a nice loud train go by...I am thinking about getting to the grocery store...for the regular stuff..and maybe getting in a short walk before it gets too hot.  Humidity is on the agenda,,,but thankfully only for the next 2 days...then we have some 70's coming...Kirbie would love that!!!

This weekend has been...Little Canada Days...the most I have ever participated ir two years in a row...I have gone for a bike ride and come back in the middle of the parade...one year with 3 ears of corn in my jersey pockets  :D

The wife and I are heading out for 4 or 5  days. Next stop Dubuque Iowa.

20150802_075431.jpg

What is that?  Looks to be an older motor, before the EVO?  I am guessing late 80's?  Looks like a fatboy style front end but not wheels.  I would say an older softtail with bags added?

What is that?  Looks to be an older motor, before the EVO?  I am guessing late 80's?  Looks like a fatboy style front end but not wheels.  I would say an older softtail with bags added?

It is a 1977 FLH with a 1980 FLT wheels. The saddle bags are off a 98 bagger.

I  lowered the bike 2 inches and stretched 2 inches. The bike basket case when I got it 

Yes, there were bikes before the EVO. (And the whole point of a softtail is that the shocks are not visible....

• Heart 1

Yes, there were bikes before the EVO. (And the whole point of a softtail is that the shocks are not visible....

When I put the saddle bags on I had a lot of people asking if it was a new fatboy.

The motor has been updated to 80ci from the 74ci. The Transmission was updated from a 4 to a 5 speed and the exhaust pipes are home made. 

What can I say Wisconsin are long and cold.  If I just sit in the garage and drank beer people would say that I have a problem but if I drink beer while working on motorcycles than there's no problem. 

• Heart 1

When I put the saddle bags on I had a lot of people asking if it was a new fatboy.

The motor has been updated to 80ci from the 74ci. The Transmission was updated from a 4 to a 5 speed and the exhaust pipes are home made. 

What can I say Wisconsin are long and cold.  If I just sit in the garage and drank beer people would say that I have a problem but if I drink beer while working on motorcycles than there's no problem. 

Even as Harley-illiterate as I am, I can tell a Knuckle, from a Shovel, from a Blockhead...... After that, the alphabet soup names leave me scratching my head.

Even as Harley-illiterate as I am, I can tell a Knuckle, from a Shovel, from a Blockhead...... After that, the alphabet soup names leave me scratching my head.

I'm that way when people start talking about football, baseball or basketball. 

The wife and I are heading out for 4 or 5  days. Next stop Dubuque Iowa.

20150802_075431.jpg

Is East Dubuque still the sin city it was about 20 years ago? Main street was lined with about a dozen strip clubs.