Looks like Michigan is getting wiped out

bikeman564™

Winds are looking dodgy, with the potential for worse.

I just closed all the windows --not just the storms, the full ones.  Have already seen downed limbs in some areas on the way home.

That looks like the squall line they predicted.  Some potential for large hail, though I don't know how much, in addition to the high winds and rain (which we haven't seen yet).

In the past half hour, the sky has gotten doubly dark, then doubly dark again, then doubly dark again.  It isn't black yet, but man.

Kirby, if it gets bad, we'll have to eat the ice cream if we have any -- the power will be out.  While it's not a large number for where I am, nearly 12,000 people are already without power in the county due to winds.  Ours apparently blinked while we were gone, because whenever it does, the gas stove goes into lockdown mode for safety.

It looks like the worst is over. All it is is rain and a little bit of thunder and lightning now.

I always worry about high winds because we have 4 large maple trees around the house. We used to have 5.

We have three.  Daddy, Momma, and baby.  Daddy's the only one I have to be concerned with, though it's pretty strong - it overhangs the house.  We have had it pruned twice professionally in the time we've been here to take care of any weaknesses though.

We live in Ravenna. We are only a mile from the Musketawa Trail.

I did the Musketawa Trail one evening 2 years ago.  The only time I was ever in Ravenna.  That tail was flat and straight (except for the one bend in Ravenna.

That's the great thing about the weather, we all have one.  Or was that opinions?  Never mind.

Edited by Kzoo

I haven't ridden that in awhile, but I used to use sections of it during group rides in the Walker area.  It's a nice trail.

When I rode it I thought it would be great to come back and use it to get to some of the countryside north of Coopersville. 

When I rode it I thought it would be great to come back and use it to get to some of the countryside north of Coopersville. 

Look up some of the farm roads around it too.  Most of them are paved roads, and straying from the trail can be fun.  Usually, the Hundred Grand century goes through some of that area every summer.

We would usually leave from Kenowa Hills High School in the area.