Does it bother you...

Road Runner

...that the last four months of the year are all misnamed thanks to some silly Roman dictators?  We have two months named after a couple of guys who specialized in killing and enslavement of countless numbers of people for no reason other than the spread and wealth of the Roman Empire!  If Hitler had changed July to Adolphember, would we still be using that name? 

Does it bother me?  Yes, a little.

But then again, naming September through December as the 7th through 10th months seems a little lazy.  Kind of like "Avenue A" on a street map.  How about a little effort?

I dated a girl in high school who had twelve siblings.  She probably would have had a tough time if her parents had named her "Seven".

I don't remember where the names of January through June came from, or if such a system could have been continued.

MARGE: [voiceover] It all started on the thirteenth hour, of the thirteenth day, of the thirteenth month. We were at Springfield Elementary to discuss the misprinted calendars the school had purchased.

HOMER:  [shivering, looking at calendar]  Lousy Smarch weather!

100413smarch.png

The jsharrian calendar.  I like it.  But having every month the same name would be confusing.  You should name each month after something or somebody you like.

i am pretty much a lonely curmudgeon.  when you never do anything, it does not matter which day, week or month you do not do it in or on.