Envy.............

petitepedal

I don't really envy others.  My life is very full. If I want something, I save for it.  Of course, I will never have a Ferrari, but do those things really matter in the scheme of life.  I feel super lucky.  

As far as others envying me, I don't know. I am kinda dense about that stuff.  Envy is an emotion that is hidden under the surface.  It's what people feel, so I just don't know about that. Some people make rude comments that annoy me.  I try to ignore them and just do my own thing.  My rides help me process my anger and frustration.  Working out is great to clear the head.

Is envy a byproduct of competitiveness? If so, I've just never been very competitive. Its missing in my DNA I guess. I've never really strived to be the best. I'm happy to be listed as an also ran.;) I've also found I find no real satisfaction when I am better or the best at certain tasks. I do however, find a certain satisfaction from helping others achieve their goals. So no, I don't think I've ever been envious of others.

Wow, that was kinda deep...:unsure: 

There is no reason for anyone to envy me, unless they are lacking in basic necessities or want a nice home network.  And I'm fine with that.

I have enough stuff in life.  The only thing I could envy is people who have the freedom to get up every morning and decide to do whatever they want.