Work place drama

team scooter

Working with Dr Jekyll....:wacko: 

Over a week ago the delivery driver where I work, flipped out when he got called out for damaging a furnace with the fork lift. There was cussing, arm flailing, driving the fork truck erratically, and blaming everyone else for the damage. Everyone in the warehouse got nervous because Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde is a rather large guy. The boss didn't say anything when it happened, but mentioned it the following morning. Apparently this has been an on going problem. When the boss asked if there was going to be a problem in the future, all hell broke loose! Mr Hyde started yelling, cussing, throwing stuff, calling everyone in the building Nazi racists, and threatening to kick everyone's azzes. When the boss touched him on the shoulder and asked him to calm down or leave, he then said he was going to sue the company and charge the boss with battery. Anyhoo, without a driver, and one of the warehouse personnel retiring last week, I've been driving and working the warehouse in addition to my regular job. A week after the incident, they still cant hire anyone to replace him until HR works everything out. Technically he is still employed. All I know is I told HR when they called me, if he comes back, I'm giving my two week notice because life is too short to my spend time with toxic people.;)

From where I come from, if you called your boss a *$#@&* @#$%^ and threatened everyone in the building with bodily harm, its instant grounds for termination. <_<  

Landscaping is starting to sound pretty good again.;)

• Heart 3

They take statements from the witnesses?

HR called everyone that was in the building at the time and asked what we heard or saw. I was at the far end of the warehouse but clearly heard him yelling and stuff bouncing off the walls. By the time I made my way over, Hyde was leaving the building, knocking stuff off the shelves on his way out the door. :rolleyes:

There was cussing, arm flailing, driving the fork truck erratically, and blaming everyone else for the damage.

I think that guy sounds more than a little forked up.

If your company has a 'random' drug testing policy, I hope some bright person in HR decides it's time for a few of those.  If he flunks the test, then the company would have reason to let him go.

• Heart 2

Wait - isn't Wisconsin a "right to work" state?

Usually, that has meant (as far as I know) that you can be let go for any reason, at any time, and no explanation is required.  The only exception being if your driver is a member of a union that has somehow negotiated a specific grievance process with the employer that must be followed as part of a contract.

I also agree, Scooter - making physical threats against other employees usually qualifies for instant grounds for termination.  If that isn't enough, if several employees at your company made official complaints to HR that they were threatened and felt threatened by this employee's behavior, I would think that would be.

All I know is I told HR when they called me, if he comes back, I'm giving my two week notice because life is too short to my spend time with toxic people.;)

Landscaping is starting to sound pretty good again.;)

I've been in the same boat lately. The new job I've been in for 4 months is going downhill,rapidly. The boss throws tantrums and throws stuff around.

Wait - isn't Wisconsin a "right to work" state?

Usually, that has meant (as far as I know) that you can be let go for any reason, at any time, and no explanation is required.  The only exception being if your driver is a member of a union that has somehow negotiated a specific grievance process with the employer that must be followed as part of a contract.

I also agree, Scooter - making physical threats against other employees usually qualifies for instant grounds for termination.  If that isn't enough, if several employees at your company made official complaints to HR that they were threatened and felt threatened by this employee's behavior, I would think that would be.

All of the company's other locations are union shops, ours is not because we're a separate stand alone division. I guess HR needs to follow the corporate rules for everyone.

And to think a few weeks ago I was on here complaining about staring at my watch and being bored. 

Now the days go so fast, its time to go home before I even have a chance to look at a clock.:rolleyes:

• Heart 1

Wow!  I had no idea that many four year olds were in management!

No.  Just people whose brains have one small piece of four-year-old, who either never got told no, or have had power long enough that they feel self-entitled to behave how they wish.  Or in small businesses, what one would call "a big turd in a little bowl".

I'm thankfully not there right now, but I've known it a few too many times.  If I wanted to deal with that kind of crap, I'd go back to junior high or high school.