Just had to have a talk'n to with my son

KrAzY

He was just telling me that he was to write his words like I do. My letters are fancy and more interesting than the ones he makes.

I told him that I would like it if he didn't write like I do.

I just spent the last 30 min explaining to him that my dyslexia is the reason I write and do somethings different. Like I am a better reader when I hold the book upside down.

the look on his face is more confused then I am trying to read cursive!

So my basic thought at the end was just telling him to learn the right way.

I think dyslexia is very misunderstood.  I think it is commonly thought of as transposing letters or numbers, but I don't think that is really it.  I'll visit elite medical reference wiki and brb! :)

that's what a lot of people think it is, the more interesting part is that it lets me to see things others cant. I have a great perception of depth, can tell someone the trajectory of an object.

that's what a lot of people think it is, the more interesting part is that it lets me to see things others cant. I have a great perception of depth, can tell someone the trajectory of an object.

It's like we abbi normal people have superpowers, right?!  I sort of enjoy the flights of fancy I get from having what I have self-diagnosed as age-activated ADD. :D

It's like we abbi normal people have superpowers, right?!  I sort of enjoy the flights of fancy I get from having what I have self-diagnosed as age-activated ADD. :D

Those flights are fun! I was kicked out of the house again last night when the WOBK was trying to sleep. I "was being too loud" for her I guess. I couldn't sit still, and kept walking around the house trying to figure out what to do. 

Krazy, from what you have written I assume that your son it young.

for what it is worth I give you mad Respect for trying to explain to him why and what is going on with you.

that can not be an easy subject to try to explain to a child....Bravo Krazy....Bravo

Krazy, from what you have written I assume that your son it young.

for what it is worth I give you mad Respect for trying to explain to him why and what is going on with you.

that can not be an easy subject to try to explain to a child....Bravo Krazy....Bravo

he will be 8 years old in a month, and full of questions. He notices everything that is going on around him and inundates me for hours wanting to know the answers.

I'm only doing what a person does in those situations.   

he will be 8 years old in a month, and full of questions. He notices everything that is going on around him and inundates me for hours wanting to know the answers.

I'm only doing what a person does in those situations.   

you are doing what a lovong parent should do....many will just put the kid in front of the tv and tell them to shut up.

it is very important to honest with your kids as later in life it may come back....I know it did for me but I had no worries as I never lied or ignored my kids....of course now they are way smarter than me and as grown men are not afraid to tell me they love me and to hug in front of people.

keep up your good work and you will have a fine strapping man for a son and you will be pleased. trust this old geezer, I know.

be well Krazy for you and your family.....have a great Thanksgiving