TIB

Further

Running shoes. Hoka One One. Supposed to be the most supportive, well cushioned shoe made. The quarter mile that I plodded in them bears this out. Like running on marshmallows. The sole is about an inch thick. I can use the height.

Have been trying to get back into running after a few years off. These shoes may help.  

660.JPG

• Heart 4

• 3 years later...
4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I am thinking of trying on some Hokas tomorrow.  My feet just hate me lately with the walking I am doing, so the price might be justified if the padding really does the job.  This is snot easy for Jack Benny Jr. though!  :D

Shouldn't you ask Further for a review first?  

• Heart 1

I saw a thread were Prophet Z mentioned Joe Strummer once finished a London marathon and I said I always thought I would someday but it was too late. Then I stopped and asked myself why not? I am only 52. I would have to buy a nice pair of shoes like these and I would literally have to start from the beginning. But as a former athlete, I know how to do it. If it takes 2 years, why not do it? Great way to get rid of this belly.

All these threads are a sign for me to get off my fat ass and as Phil Nike says, "Just do it". What would Mr. Hoka say??

• Heart 1

40 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I saw a thread were Prophet Z mentioned Joe Strummer once finished a London marathon and I said I always thought I would someday but it was too late. Then I stopped and asked myself why not? I am only 52. I would have to buy a nice pair of shoes like these and I would literally have to start from the beginning. But as a former athlete, I know how to do it. If it takes 2 years, why not do it? Great way to get rid of this belly.

All these threads are a sign for me to get off my fat ass and as Phil Nike says, "Just do it". What would Mr. Hoka say??

I recommend biking.   Much more easier on the body.  I just do walking for some weight-bearing exercise to benefit bone density and for the dawg.  And since I don;t want it to mess up my feets, I might spring for some good shews like Hoka.  I made the mistake of walking in thin soled topsider-like shews in London and Paris, instead of sneaks.

5 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I recommend biking.   Much more easier on the body.  I just do walking for some weight-bearing exercise to benefit bone density and for the dawg.  And since I don;t want it to mess up my feets, I might spring for some good shews like Hoka.  I made the mistake of walking in thin soled topsider-like shews in London and Paris, instead of sneaks.

To be honest, the extra 60 lbs I need to drop probably would crush my knees. But there is no doubt jogging burns more calories. Plus I feel more disciplined. But for health to my knees reasons, biking makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Dottie said:

To be honest, the extra 60 lbs I need to drop probably would crush my knees. But there is no doubt jogging burns more calories. Plus I feel more disciplined. But for health to my knees reasons, biking makes sense.

I resemble that remark, in that I find it hard to push myself on the bike.   I am naturally lazy so I always settle down to aboot 11 mph when I am oot of shape like now, rising up to maybe 14 when I have been riding more.  It takes distance, wind, and hills for me to get a decent workoot.

2 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Nah. You do something. Lately free time has been a real challenge for me. I should be doing it 3 times a week. Lately I do it once every 3 weeks.

Today I had a dentist appt in the morning, then I stopped and bought veggies, froot, and some cheap plants so I should do some gardening. Need to decide what first - that or a ride and I need to walk the dawg also. 

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Today I had a dentist appt in the morning, then I stopped and bought veggies, froot, and some cheap plants so I should do some gardening. Need to decide what first - that or a ride and I need to walk the dawg also. 

Well, now, gardening and walking the dog are therapeutic. Those activities are good for the heart, soul, and mind. 

• Awesome 1