So who is your state's patron saint of music?

Ralphie

Jimi Hendrix? Kurt Kobain?

We've had so many here, it's hard to pick one.

I never realised that Hendrix was from WA, so I would say Cobain.

I guess MN is easy - Bob Dylan.

Funny - a Prince song just came on the radio - too bad for him, I think Dylan would get it.  Although Prince is a very good musician, IMO. :)

Quite a few fill the bill. Blues: John Lee Hooker. Soul: Stevie Wonder, Aretha, Marvin Gaye among other Motown folks. Rock: Seger, Mitch Ryder.

Even Madonna I suppose might garner a few votes.

MI has Motown and PA has Philly.  Hmm - I was a PA resident for a long time, but I can't think of who theirs would be.

FTR, my vote for MI out of those would be Marvin Gaye.  Love his stuff.

• Heart 1

Oh geeze.....I'd have to say the Allman Bros would be high on the list, but it would be a loooooong list.

Bill Anderson, The B52's, REM, Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum, Peabo Bryson, Ray Charles, Isaac Hayes, Gladys Night and the Pips, Shawn Mullins, OutKast, Otis Redding, Kenny Rogers, Sugar Land, Trisha Yearwood....to name a few.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Quite a few fill the bill. Blues: John Lee Hooker. Soul: Stevie Wonder, Aretha, Marvin Gaye among other Motown folks. Rock: Seger, Mitch Ryder.

Even Madonna I suppose might garner a few votes.

Don't forget Alice Cooper and Iggy Pop

Blasphemy!!!  Boston is the heart of Boston.  I saw them in concert in the 60's, OK maybe the 80's.  Holy crap what a show.

OK, maybe it wasn't the Beatles, I think it was either Clapton, or the Stones.

Arthur Fiedler IS the heart of Boston. Born and raised! The leader of the band Boston, Tom Scholz was born in Toledo! That's Ohio. :D

• Heart 1

Blasphemy!!!  Boston is the heart of Boston.  I saw them in concert in the 60's, OK maybe the 80's.  Holy crap what a show.

OK, maybe it wasn't the Beatles, I think it was either Clapton, or the Stones.

I think you are taking this New England thing a little too siriusly, Square Wave!

And speaking of siriusly, I thought for sure that the band Boston evaporated in the early 80s.  SIrirusly, they are still around?  :D

• 4 years later...
On 11/23/2013 at 12:39 PM, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

MI has Motown and PA has Philly.  Hmm - I was a PA resident for a long time, but I can't think of who theirs would be.

FTR, my vote for MI out of those would be Marvin Gaye.  Love his stuff.

Mercer has Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails. How could you miss that?

• Awesome 1

His family had the Reznor company in Mercer. Made Reznor heaters that are used all over the country. They sold the company and the new owners are not so good, they built a plant in Mexico. They had a lot of problems with the Mexico plant but I haven’t talked to anyone from the Mercer plant since I Retired.

• Awesome 1