Android Apps

Square Wheels

Quicker - Quick access to toggles like airplane mode, bluetooth on/off, wifi on/off, gps on/off, etc...

Smart Actions - Setting of automatic actions based on events. Like when on charger and after 10pm, turn volume off.

RealCalc - Great scientific calculator

Any.Do - Nice little task list/calendar type app

Those are the big ones that come to mind right away. I'm switching to iPhone when my contact is up.

I have an iPhone for work, I greatly prefer the Android.

One huge thing I hate about the iPhone is when I access the App store it asks for my password, which I am too stupid to remember.  Then I have to go through the reset process and by the time I'm done I forget what I was trying to download and give up.

The Android just works.  I download stuff at Google Play and it's on my phone instantly.

I have an iPhone for work, I greatly prefer the Android.

One huge thing I hate about the iPhone is when I access the App store it asks for my password, which I am too stupid to remember.  Then I have to go through the reset process and by the time I'm done I forget what I was trying to download and give up.

The Android just works.  I download stuff at Google Play and it's on my phone instantly.

I see the exact opposite problem.

Android's biggest problem is that it isn't consistent. It's like Linux. Motorola's Android is slightly different than Samsung's Android which is slightly different than HTC's Android, etc.... Something can work on one, but not the other as well. Mine definitely does not consistently work. It's occasionally flaky.

I've toyed around with my friend's iPhone and it seems to be rock solid. It always works and never seems flaky. I've looked at apps in the store with his phone and never seen a login prompt. You must have forgotten to set "remember password" some time or maybe clicked a "never remember password" or something like that.

The biggest reason I like iPhone is that it's the predominant smart phone in market share. When somebody makes a device that works with smart phones, they ALWAYS design for iPhone. Then maaaaybe Android or other as an after thought. I love the fact that there are so many external devices out there that work for (in fact, were designed for) the iPhone.

Lookout. It's a virus checker plus phone locator if you lose it. When my car was stolen, we came close to catching them as they had just left a phone store where they sold my phone. I got the phone back due to Lookout telling me where it was located.

Call Control. It's a call blocking app that you can set up to block certain numbers. It also allows you to tap into a database of user-reported junk phone call numbers and block them automatically. 

The biggest reason I like iPhone is that it's the predominant smart phone in market share. 

Wasn't trying to start an Android iPhone battle.  I have a silly little device that is hundreds of times more powerful than my first computer and I feel I am underutilizing it.

As for market share, it's all Android.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57612057-94/android-dominates-81-percent-of-world-smartphone-market/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/31/strategy-analytics-q3-2013-phone-share/

strategy-analytics-phones-q3-2013-1-1383

Wasn't trying to start an Android iPhone battle.  I have a silly little device that is hundreds of times more powerful than my first computer and I feel I am underutilizing it.

As for market share, it's all Android.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57612057-94/android-dominates-81-percent-of-world-smartphone-market/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/31/strategy-analytics-q3-2013-phone-share/

strategy-analytics-phones-q3-2013-1-1383

Interesting then that devices are all made for iPhone first and foremost (still), then. Isn't it? I think comparing by OS is a little misleading as there is essentially only one iPhone, but tons and tons of Android models. That being said, comparing by model would be a bit  misleading too for the opposite reason. There probably is no good way to compare (by phone or by OS).

I wasn't trying to turn it into a battle either...I only meant to explain why I preferred and will switch to iPhone.

Interesting then that devices are all made for iPhone first and foremost (still), then. Isn't it? I think comparing by OS is a little misleading as there is essentially only one iPhone, but tons and tons of Android models. That being said, comparing by model would be a bit  misleading too for the opposite reason. There probably is no good way to compare (by phone or by OS).

I wasn't trying to turn it into a battle either...I only meant to explain why I preferred and will switch to iPhone.

That's not necessarily true anymore, because Android has become so much bigger, apps are now being developed for it first.  I actually find it funny when you read people complaining when on a site talking about at app and complaining it isn't on iPhone now.  Netflix was the first big one to make this change and starting releasing the new apps for Android first.

Quicker - Quick access to toggles like airplane mode, bluetooth on/off, wifi on/off, gps on/off, etc...

Smart Actions - Setting of automatic actions based on events. Like when on charger and after 10pm, turn volume off.

RealCalc - Great scientific calculator

Any.Do - Nice little task list/calendar type app

Those are the big ones that come to mind right away. I'm switching to iPhone when my contact is up.

And calculator, Droid48 is my preference, though most don't know how to use it anymore.

Simple unrar. Unzipping tool

Air droid. Uses WiFi network to easily transfer files. Awesome haven't plug my phone in in years

Wattpad. Ereader type with free short stories from users that are really good.

Poweramp pro. Only paid app I have. Best music player bar none if you have a ton of content on phone +25 gigs of music on mine

That's not necessarily true anymore, because Android has become so much bigger, apps are now being developed for it first.  I actually find it funny when you read people complaining when on a site talking about at app and complaining it isn't on iPhone now.  Netflix was the first big one to make this change and starting releasing the new apps for Android first.

You say that and may be right...I haven't seen a single instance of that myself yet. I base most of my feelings, though, based on my experience with Android (I've been on Android for almost 4 years) versus playing around with one or two friend's iPhones.