For five years I have been doing the same thing...

Dottleshead

... and now it's gone.  Every morning I'd wake up and check on those assholes in Trollheim on that other site until today because I asked to ban myself.  Of course that was in response to them banning me from another forum and the Draconian measures they're imposing.  Doesn't matter.  The important thing is for the last 5 years I've been banging and talking smack with folks over there in our little haven -- and now it's gone.  I insulted and got insulted and it was awesome. But I have no desire to repeat that same behavior over here so no worries.  <sniff>  

I'm just saying it's a loss, man.  <sniff>

... and now it's gone.  Every morning I'd wake up and check on those assholes in Trollheim on that other site until today because I asked to ban myself.  Of course that was in response to them banning me from another forum and the Draconian measures they're imposing.  Doesn't matter.  The important thing is for the last 5 years I've been banging and talking smack with folks over there in our little haven -- and now it's gone.  I insulted and got insulted and it was awesome. But I have no desire to repeat that same behavior over here so no worries.  <sniff>  

Our loss

• Heart 1

I knew I could count on you kazabooboo.

Bring your best stuff.  That's what makes this place great.  Run it right up to but not over the Evil Forum Commander's imaginary line.

And what is the kazabooboo crap.  See, one post about how you're not going to be like that and there you go - being like that.  Life is good!

bite me, you illiterate puppy mangler.

Were you ever told a specific reason for being banished?

Probably not.  

I picked on one of the mods there, who happened to be a total douche canoe at the time, and somehow my userid could no longer log in.  Tom, God rest his soul, couldn't explain it at the time.

So, I proxied up and started trolling them.  It's too bad too because Foo used to be the place to be, back in the day.  I met some good people there for the most part.  I really miss botto!

#It'snotyourfault

The mods forum got "interesting" to say the least near the end of my stint there.  I had turned in my star, but they never took my privileges away so I could and did still go into the mod forum.  After another foo witch hunt I called them out on the posse mentality, I was told I did not know what was going on.  I reminded them I still had mod rights to the forum and suddenly that was gone......

Do not question the mighty Oz!  

The mods forum got "interesting" to say the least near the end of my stint there.  I had turned in my star, but they never took my privileges away so I could and did still go into the mod forum.  After another foo witch hunt I called them out on the posse mentality, I was told I did not know what was going on.  I reminded them I still had mod rights to the forum and suddenly that was gone......

...the best organizations to work for are the ones that treat both the clients and the employees with equal contempt.:)  #builds_camraderie

• Heart 1

For Allen.

So, who is the big problem over there, as far as Moderators?

I have one suspect in particular.  

#Ling

It all starts there.  I'm friends with her on BF and she is graceful in her answers -- but I know for a fact that my departure just made her job a lot easier.  It's not hard to read between the lines and when you have hardeharhar and Allen piping in about what a load of shit it is -- well not much more to say. She seems to take her position very seriously and continually mentions things like 'I have no choice my boss is watching me'.  Well, there are a handful of posters in P&R that are as equally as crude and arguably way more bullying than me -- yet they get a free pass.

Edited by dotman17

The mods hate P&R and I don't blame them. It's hard to moderate, you have to have the respect of the posters first and be accepted by the regulars or they buck. Leaving it unmoderated for almost two years did not help. 

However, given how I was treated when I was shoved out for trying to moderate P&R I think this current round of crackdowns smacks of ego and not trying to do good by the forums. 

Edited by Allen

Moderating politics is next to impossible.  Where do the division lines start?  Where do they end?  I know it's hard and I know I don't want to do it.  I don't like their policies but I don't have disdain for the mods.  It's just a fucking stupid bike website for gawd sakes.  So to alleviate the problem, they should just rid themselves of it as you suggested.  Being a dick over arguing why brand X is better than brand Y is one thing but being a dick over party A or party B or C is a little more understandable.  Jousting, rough play, name calling, etc... is the nature of politics.  I'm not sure how you get around that... which is why being a mod of it would suck.

Honestly, they would be well served to 86 everything below Foo. None of it has anything to do with cycling and moderation is not a strong suit there. 

They removed the Jokes and Humor Forum once.

Pissed me off because some of my best posts were there.

And yet the Helmet Thread goes on and on and on and on.

I'll tell you who they need to throw out -- that 3Alarmer dude..  Geeesuz, what an asshole that guy is.

...I really like to read the stuff that 3alarmer guy writes in there.  He seems to be intelligent, witty, with a certain je ne sais quoi. 

I've seen some of the photos of himself he's posted on BF.   He seems handsome and I would love to meet him some day.  #mustbelove

...I really like to read the stuff that 3alarmer guy writes in there.  He seems to be intelligent, witty, with a certain je ne sais quoi. 

I've seen some of the photos of himself he's posted on BF.   He seems handsome and I would love to meet him some day.  #mustbelove

3A is a guy???

It all starts there.  I'm friends with her on BF and she is graceful in her answers -- but I know for a fact that my departure just made her job a lot easier.  It's not hard to read between the lines and when you have hardeharhar and Allen piping in about what a load of shit it is -- well not much more to say. She seems to take her position very seriously and continually mentions things like 'I have no choice my boss is watching me'.  Well, there are a handful of posters in P&R that are as equally as crude and arguably way more bullying than me -- yet they get a free pass.

Ah, the two faced Sue.  Gotta love it.  And hiding behind the old, "My Boss made me do it".  That kinda reminds me of the Nazis.

#HistoryRepeats 

Sir, I may be a butthole and not very smart to boot, but the hardeharhar is a bit harsh.  Good Day to You.

#harumphf

Best?  They deserved to remove that forum.

Here's one I don't think I've posted anywhere - but I could be wrong...

Guy sits down at a bar, orders a drink. Gets his drink and looks at his neighbor who appears to be a pirate - Tricorn hat, big gold earring, eye patch, parrot on shoulder - the works.

Guy says "Wow! Are you a pirate?"

"Arrrrr. I am!"

"I've never met a pirate! Looks like you've seen a lot of adventure."

"Arrr."

"Wow! You've got a peg leg! How'd you lose your leg?

"Arrr. We was shipwrecked in a hurricano in the Carribean off Hispaniola. I survived by floating on a hatch cover I'd climbed onto except me right leg which was in the water. I fell asleep and woke up when a shark decided to chew me right leg off. Arrrrr."

"Wow! that's incredible! And you've got a hook for a right hand! That's so gnarly! What happened to your hand?"

"Arrr. It was in a melee boarding a Spanish frigate in '95. Me and this ugly brute were in a swordfight and when I ran that bastard through he brought his sword down and cut off me good right hand, may he rot in hell."

"Oh, Wow! And how did you lose your eye?"

"I was looking up into the mizzentop one morning and a goddammed seagull crapped into me right eye, arrrrrr."

"Bird shit made you lose your eye?!!"

"Arrrr. Well, it was the first day with me hook."