For five years I have been doing the same thing...

Dottleshead

... and now it's gone.  Every morning I'd wake up and check on those assholes in Trollheim on that other site until today because I asked to ban myself.  Of course that was in response to them banning me from another forum and the Draconian measures they're imposing.  Doesn't matter.  The important thing is for the last 5 years I've been banging and talking smack with folks over there in our little haven -- and now it's gone.  I insulted and got insulted and it was awesome. But I have no desire to repeat that same behavior over here so no worries.  <sniff>  

I'm just saying it's a loss, man.  <sniff>

Try your left hand.

... and now it's gone.  Every morning I'd wake up and check on those assholes in Trollheim on that other site until today because I asked to ban myself.  Of course that was in response to them banning me from another forum and the Draconian measures they're imposing.  Doesn't matter.  The important thing is for the last 5 years I've been banging and talking smack with folks over there in our little haven -- and now it's gone.  I insulted and got insulted and it was awesome. But I have no desire to repeat that same behavior over here so no worries.  <sniff>  

I'm just saying it's a loss, man.  <sniff>

Everybody moves on the fifth grade eventually.

I'm sorry!  I was going to respond but got side tracked.  I will -- promise.

I thought I may have said something to offend you.  HAHA

...no rush.  It probably just says eff you , loser.:)

No.  That is just what your PM would say, because you talk so much trash to me about my new bikes.

Now if that were Paige, she'd get the cheapest.

...when will you ever understand that I only settle for that sort of thing out of :wub:.  #sohurtful :(

Latest newsflash from teh Biekforooms: youi know how nature abhors a vacuum?  Apparently the relatively recent exodus of many of the more thoughtful has opened the room for some of the most entertaining, dumber than a box of rocks, self appointed legal and historical experts Conservatives tha you have ever heard hold forth.  One of them just told me that John Roberts is not really conservative enough, and the new sheriff they appointed feels that "most Conservatives are not conservative enough" for his (her?) tastes.  I just got a little taste of "the right to own firearms is a divine right". :) No, really.

While it saddens me that you are no longer able to enjoy this excellent adventure, some of this stuff probably would have unleashed "bad dottie" anyway, so it's all for the best.  :D

I think I'll let the latest round of exchanges steep for a while, then maybe toss in a few more left handed jabs.rotfl.gif 

I'm sure that before it's all over, either I'll get the axe, or maybe the peripheral forums will get shut down.  #meh

...when will you ever understand that I only settle for that sort of thing out of :wub:.  #sohurtful :(

Latest newsflash from teh Biekforooms: youi know how nature abhors a vacuum?  Apparently the relatively recent exodus of many of the more thoughtful has opened the room for some of the most entertaining, dumber than a box of rocks, self appointed legal and historical experts Conservatives tha you have ever heard hold forth.  One of them just told me that John Roberts is not really conservative enough, and the new sheriff they appointed feels that "most Conservatives are not conservative enough" for his (her?) tastes.  I just got a little taste of "the right to own firearms is a divine right". :) No, really.

While it saddens me that you are no longer able to enjoy this excellent adventure, some of this stuff probably would have unleashed "bad dottie" anyway, so it's all for the best.  :D

I think I'll let the latest round of exchanges steep for a while, then maybe toss in a few more left handed jabs.rotfl.gif 

I'm sure that before it's all over, either I'll get the axe, or maybe the peripheral forums will get shut down.  #meh

I'm surprised there's right wing nutjobs on that site.  I mean, ckey, sure but the others?  I find Skinhead entertaining.  Come on, man.  Give us names!

And it's digger's birthday...

Doug's a good guy.

You know what they should do? Make a Politics and Religion thread where they talk about the same thing over and over -- with positions being held by the same people who reiterate it over and over. What a great idea! Throw in some overzealous mods who protect them and you've really got something. 

You know what they should do? Make a Politics and Religion thread where they talk about the same thing over and over -- with positions being held by the same people who reiterate it over and over. What a great idea! Throw in some overzealous mods who protect them and you've really got something. 

Oh much better than that.  A mod with faith and the power to edit those things that he disagrees with.  The SWHTF.

I thought a small amount of moderation would be good, but I had no idea that they would jump the shark.

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 1

...here is, verbatim, the most recent thing edited from one of my posts on teh Biekforoooms. As God is my witness.:blink:

"It would be refreshing were you to stop trying to pass yourself off here as another self taught legal and historical scholar, but I don't anticipate that will happen".  

...here is, verbatim, the most recent thing edited from one of my posts on teh Biekforoooms. As God is my witness.:blink:

"It would be refreshing were you to stop trying to pass yourself off here as another self taught legal and historical scholar, but I don't anticipate that will happen".  

I am afraid of moderators who use the edit function to remove statements like this from political discussion in the interest of fairness.

I doubt I'll last long.  I've already put a super mod on ignore after declaring his position to be one of faith not logic while simultaneously telling one of his supporting posters to STFU.  :P

I suspect that I will quickly move from 12 years without a single infraction to banned.

Edited by maddmaxx

I am afraid of moderators who use the edit function to remove statements like this from political discussion in the interest of fairness.

I doubt I'll last long.  I've already put a super mod on ignore after declaring his position to be one of faith not logic while simultaneously telling one of his supporting posters to STFU.  :P

I suspect that I will quickly move from 12 years without a single infraction to banned.

I hope so you pussy.

No.  That was the offending sentence that was removed from the post! 

Damned cache.  That was a response to a dotty question about was it something else before editing.

SW I'd rather have to retype a whole page than to have the cache bot try to decide what I'm saying.

Edited by maddmaxx

No.  That was the offending sentence that was removed from the post! 

Damned cache.  That was a response to a dotty question about was it something else before editing.

SW I'd rather have to retype a whole page than to have the cache bot try to decide what I'm saying.

...I finally figured out how to remove these, but it's a lot of work.  If yoiu drop the quote box thingie down, then place youir cursor above it, you can get it to go away using the delete key until it goes away. That's the only way I can figure how to do it.

http://www.bikeforums.net/members/ibobi-222846.html

^^^^

The IB boss in charge of BF. He's a nice guy. Not quick to respond but reasonable. 

..thanks Allen, but really it's not a big deal.  I've contributed some worthwhile (and some not so worthwhile :)) content over there for some years now, I been thrown outta better places, and I got other stuff to do.

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

..thanks Allen, but really it's not a big deal.  I've contributed some worthwhile (and some not so worthwhile :)) content over there for some years now, I been thrown outta better places, and I got other stuff to do.

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Do you know the justification for my banning?

How bout you evil forum master with the software from hell.

I'm sorry you find it frustrating, but I hardly think this is software from hell.

I will be paying more to upgrade the software in a month or so, they are aware of this issue for some (very few) users and are rebuilding the way the editor interacts with the site.  Should be out mid-September.

Please accept my apology until then.

I'm sorry you find it frustrating, but I hardly think this is software from hell.

I will be paying more to upgrade the software in a month or so, they are aware of this issue for some (very few) users and are rebuilding the way the editor interacts with the site.  Should be out mid-September.

...if you apologize, it just encourages us to complain.

• Heart 1

Ah SW, don't sweat these ungrateful users.  You and I both know you are doing the absolute best you can!

The software is great.  The code perfect.  The matrix is almost complete!

#Neo

I will have to take the time to find a keyboard shortcut to the delete key.  Chromebook users have always been assumed to be more perfect than the rest of you plebs.

Edited by maddmaxx