Rape is never funny

Square Wheels

Seriously, rapists should not go to prison, they should be hung, but I was a 15 year old boy once and if this woman raped me, I might not complain.

AP FORMER CHEERLEADER INDICTMENT A ENT USA

Ex-Ravens cheerleader sentenced for rape of 15-year-old boy

But.. you are not looking at her through the eyes of a 15 year old.  He sees a much older animal.

• Heart 1

Sorry SW, while teen boys may enjoy the experience, it is still rape.  A double standard should not exist.  It does, but it shouldn't

I don't know about that, this seems more like a 15 yo's wet dream than a rape.  Something about getting a bj from a hot, experienced older chick shouldn't be a crime.

But.. you are not looking at her through the eyes of a 15 year old.  He sees a much older animal.

I think this is the crux of it.  And once we (as males) reach an age somewhere in the early twenties, all of us look at the above type of incident and think we'd thank our lucky stars, when the truth of the matter is different.

At fifteen (or sixteen, seventeen, what have you) there is a serious flux of hormones and emotional ups and downs.  If you and I think back to when we were that age, were we capable of knowing whether what an adult female was offering us?  Or were we easily confused between sex, an affectionate relationship, whether we might be in love with someone who professed to have feelings for us?

I know I totally wasn't ready at that age --in fact, I wasn't ready for some time after that. For a boy, it's just as much "being taken advantage of" as it is for a girl, and when an adult who should know better does it, it's manipulation --which amounts to sexual assault at a minimum, if not more.

• Heart 1

I agree with you, but still...

did the boy raise the issue?

Yes.

From a CBS news story:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/molly-shattuck-former-nfl-baltimore-ravens-chearleader-indicted-for-sex-with-a-minor/

A few hours later, according to police, Shattuck announced the teen needed to go to bed. Moments later, he was in her room, where police say she stripped and had oral intercourse with him and said "if he wanted to have sex, she would." The teen left the room and didn't come back.

According to the warrant, he said Shattuck contacted him on Instagram in the weeks after their encounter. He notified authorities in late September.

I would were he my child. Every other weekend in jail?  What the hell is that?  A 50 year old man rapes a 15 year old girl and he would be in jail for 20 years, weekends and weekdays. 

I don't understand the double standard

According to news reports the 15 year old reported the incident to authorities in September.  The rape was over Labor Day weekend.  The rapee reported the rape a week or so after the incident.  I think the kid was skeeved because it was his friend's mother.  Close to the same age as his own mother.  He thought about what happened and decided it was wrong.  Maybe she kept pestering him for more, he didn't want to and saw that reporting her was to only way out.