I am pretty sure the lack of posts here means that we don't maintain our bikes at all

Randomguy

Question

19 answers to this question

In preparation for my tri on sunday, I dismantled most of the bike, degreased, cleaned, polished and lubed everything. The bike looked spotless.

However the weather was crappy the 4 hours leading up to the event and the course was wet. The bike needs a complete and utter cleaning and lubing all over again. Something to do tomorrow night after work.

• Heart 1

I too am the neighborhood wrench.  Got a buddy coming over this week with two bikes.  One to get up and running for his son and one to fix up to sell, as he is buying a new Trek 8.3 DS.

But the most rewarding wrenching I get to do is with an outreach program at our church for kids in single parent families.  It is so cool to be able to watch a kid and a mom or dad just light up when you hand them a bike that works like it is supposed to.

• Heart 2

I too am the neighborhood wrench.  Got a buddy coming over this week with two bikes.  One to get up and running for his son and one to fix up to sell, as he is buying a new Trek 8.3 DS.

But the most rewarding wrenching I get to do is with an outreach program at our church for kids in single parent families.  It is so cool to be able to watch a kid and a mom or dad just light up when you hand them a bike that works like it is supposed to.

We've got a shop down town that takes donated bikes and refurbs them for inner city kids.  If I could find the time, I would so like to volunteer there.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2013 at 0:28 PM, Longjohn said:

I have a new box of bar tape, I'll probably get around to changing it before spring.

I actually got around to changing it before GOBA "this year". See when I intend to do something I do it, it just might take awhile before I get inspired. I even installed gel pads under the tape.