Cheese is influencing my food choices

Kirby

I was in Florida this weekend, and we stopped at a mini-mart.  As I was checking out, I saw a display of moonpies.  I don't recall ever having one before and I don't think they sold them in my neighborhood when I was a kid.  After all of Cheese's discussion about moon pies, I had to get one to try.  But I think he'll be disappointed that I picked a caramel one instead of the original chocolate.

• Heart 1

They sell Little Debbier around here, so it's not quite as regionally sensitive as the Moonpies. But we were a hostess family.

but the moonpie in Florida was a Chattanooga Lookout, yes? If not, let's pretend this thread doesn't exit and I'll get a package to you asap. Not as fast as if you'd actually visited me, but faster than say Krazy's tea.   ;)

I'm not sure, since I don't know what a Chattanooga Lookout is.  It was a salted caramel moonpie that I got at a mini mart/gas station.  It made for a tasty and nutritious breakfast before my 6 AM shuttle to the airport, which was somewhat surprising since it didn't look like the minimart had gotten a new food delivery since 1986. .  Unfortunately I was only there for less than 2 days, so I didn't get much chance to try the other edible delights from the gas station mini mart.

I was disappointed to find that the mini mart didn't stock Squirt which is always a fine accompaniment to any meal.

• Heart 1

MoonPies are made by the Chattanooga Bakery in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  It is a trademark of that company.  They have been making them for almost 100 years.  If the package said "MoonPie", then it should have been the real McCoy.  Little Debbies and other wannabes have to call their products something else, such as marshmallow cake or pie.

In that case it was a true moonpie with the logo and everything. 

And since I'm no longer in Florida,  I fear I won't get a second moonpie in the immediate future, Petite - which is probably a good thing for my overall nutrition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_pie#Nutrition_facts

Nutrition facts for chocolate MoonPie (full-size):[9]

• Heart 1

• 11 months later...