Clearly we need an NFL sub-forum

Wilbur

Yes!  And password protect that sucker!  That is a tough question, but then what aboot hockey or college football or or F1 or NASCAR, etc.?  I think in general forum Balkanization is bad, and one size fits all is good.  It is a little tough for us non-futball people to have to tip toe around the futball posts like we do around dogcrapola in the back yard, but instead of pursuing that metaphor and putting the dog crapola in the garbage, how aboot we follow the water-cooler metaphor, and us non-futball people can just walk away, or better yet, insert some inane post into a futball thread and THEN walk away. :D

Edited by The Inedible Bulk
  • Heart 2

Why can't you just disagree with someone, without name calling? 

BTW, I was asking a question, not making a statement of fact. 

Actually, you have managed to disagree with several of us and name-called or at least implied our thoughts were asinine, which is pretty much the same.  Myself included.

No disrespect intended, but I agree with your first question above --but believe that both disagreeing parties need to hold to it.

No disrespect intended, but I agree with your first question above --but believe that both disagreeing parties need to hold to it.

who is doing the name calling in this thread?

I disagree with the need for an NFL sub forum, and asked Wilbur 2 simple questions about why he feels we need one. 

He responds by calling me a "putz".   

Sorry, I did nothing wrong here. 

who is doing the name calling in this thread?

I disagree with the need for an NFL sub forum, and asked Wilbur 2 simple questions about why he feels we need one. 

He responds by calling me a "putz".   

Sorry, I did nothing wrong here. 

I did not say you did.  I was talking about recent history.

You asked a legitimate question --however, the standard you asked about is one that in very recent history, you have not held to yourself.  My statement is that if you want "disagreement without name calling" then it is important to ensure that you diminish the memories others have of you doing the same thing.

Yes!  And password protect that sucker!  That is a tough question, but then what aboot hockey or college football or or F1 or NASCAR, etc.?  I think in general forum Balkanization is bad, and one size fits all is good.  It is a little tough for us non-futball people to have to tip toe around the futball posts like we do around dogcrapola in the back yard, but instead of pursuing that metaphor and putting the dog crapola in the garbage, how aboot we follow the water-cooler metaphor, and us non-futball people can just walk away, or better yet, insert some inane post into a futball thread and THEN walk away. :D

P&R would change most of the people in this forum.  And it wouldn't be in a good way.

You just think it's fun.

• Heart 3

So a simple discussion results in name calling? I asked him 2 questions, and he got so agitated that he had to start name calling. 

Two questions in how many threads.  You have been more or less good for the past couple of weeks but people judge you and your comments on their total experience with you.  My labeling you a putz was really quite kind. :)

Edited by Wilbur