Strava Premium

Square Wheels

Do you have it?  I did last year, but didn't see the value in it.  Now they offer live segments.  Wy wife has it, pretty pissa.  I want it, but I don't use any of the other features.  $59 USD a year just to be a Stravasshole?  Damn, I really want it.

Also, whats up with Garmin endorsing this?  They have a segments tool that clearly is a flop.  I much prefer Garmin, I rarely look at the Strava data.  Are Garmin and Strava merging?  I'd love that - the best of both would be an awesome app / site.  Garmin should take them over.

I like Strava, but I haven't really used the garmin connect. I do strava premium so I can get some extra features and support strava as a company. 

There are lots of strava segments on out local MTB place. I like to see those crowns. 

The newness of strava is getting tarnished lately.  I don't like some of the quirks and errors. It is nice to see my progress against others, but I have found the best way to do that is to pin a race number on yourself. Now, we're playin. Haha

I have Garmin Connect.  I just bought the basic model because I wanted to have a collection of maps of where I was riding for all my trips.  But you have to charge the damn thing all the time and then I bought a Chromebook -- which makes uploading it impossible -- so I have to actually go into the other room and use the desktop.  Can you imagine??  That'd require me to get up off the sofa an walk into the other room.  It's rough so I just stopped using it.  Well, that and I realized if I ever posted them online -- I'd have worthless people scrutinizing it -- and if I just kept it to myself -- what do I care if I rode that 45 miles in an avg. 15.7 mph or or 9.3?  In other words, I think mileage is the single biggest factor.  Actually, maybe just time on the bike is more important.  But rate is not -- as long as it is above 12 mph.  I'm in this for the fun, weight loss, and heart... not racing.

My last couple rides I stopped and took pictures with my iPhone during my ride and answered a phone call.  This never affected Strava before but these rides didn't record.  I didn't even recognize Strava yesterday when I brought it up, it updated and looks entirely different.  Now it shows you where you are at while you are riding, I already knew where I was I was doing my favorite thirty mile ride from the house out to Lake Wilhelm and around it on the paved bike trail and back to the house. Yesterday as I was riding around the lake I remembered they were having the end of summer picnic at the Wilhelm winery so I rode my bike up to the winery and had a free hamburger, free hot dog, free potato salad, free glass of white grape juice.  They had a really good bluegrass band playing and it was a beautiful day.  I finally said what the heck and bought a bottle of Wilhelm Red.  The rest of the ride was very mellow.  My Strava didn't record my ride, probably because I stopped to long at the picnic.

I have Garmin Connect.  I just bought the basic model because I wanted to have a collection of maps of where I was riding for all my trips.  But you have to charge the damn thing all the time and then I bought a Chromebook -- which makes uploading it impossible -- so I have to actually go into the other room and use the desktop.  Can you imagine??  That'd require me to get up off the sofa an walk into the other room.  It's rough so I just stopped using it.  Well, that and I realized if I ever posted them online -- I'd have worthless people scrutinizing it -- and if I just kept it to myself -- what do I care if I rode that 45 miles in an avg. 15.7 mph or or 9.3?  In other words, I think mileage is the single biggest factor.  Actually, maybe just time on the bike is more important.  But rate is not -- as long as it is above 12 mph.  I'm in this for the fun, weight loss, and heart... not racing.

You could use Garmin Training Center instead of Garmin Connect. Only you would see how slow you are, and you would still be able to track all your rides.