Our son posted this on Facebook

team scooter

Thought it was a nice shot. Looks like something from an ad. Our son and DIL dropped their doggies at our house and flew out to California to pick up his new to him MX5. They're spending a few weeks exploring the west coast, slowly making their way back. They borrowed my wife's fancy camera. Now I needs to campaign for a new red MX5 of my own.B)

MX 5.jpg

I'm surprised there isn't smog in this picture.

I don't see any waterfalls?

Apparently it never rains in California..;)

I'm surprised there isn't smog in this picture.

I'm not sure if that pic was taken around San Diego where they picked the car up, or San Francisco. I know it started with a San.:whistle:

I think they're in Seattle today.?

But I am a little confusled how someone can buy a non-red one.  Unless it is blue. :)

His first MX5 was a green '05 with the retractable hard top. I wanted to buy that one, But he traded it in on a pickup.:angry:

His second MX5 was a bright red '08? I wanted to buy that one too. It reminded me of my old MGB. But he traded that one for a Wrangler.:angry:

This one he bought because I called dibs on a new red one. :D  I'm not sure what year it is, but he bought it site unseen because it had the higher HP motor. Then he had it shipped out to San Diego to have a supercharger installed. It looks black in the pics. He mentioned that his wife was buying too much stuff and they had no trunk. (It must have a retractable hard top too). So they were going to send some of her stuff here UPS so we could throw it in the trunk of her car. Which is here along with their two dogs.:whistle:

• Heart 1

Wow - he is a sirius Mazda-head!  What the heck with the treading in?  They don't give you squat!

My brother was totally dedicated to his red one, I think either the first or one of the first years they were out,  but when he totaled it, he went to a Mini and he is now as dedicated to it - also the first year, and he is keeping it together with bailing wire, I think!

Wow - he is a sirius Mazda-head!  What the heck with the treading in?  They don't give you squat!

My brother was totally dedicated to his red one, I think either the first or one of the first years they were out,  but when he totaled it, he went to a Mini and he is now as dedicated to it - also the first year, and he is keeping it together with bailing wire, I think!

He is a serious MX5 head. I'm the one who likes everything Mazda...Zoom Zoom.:whistle:

Interestingly. Our older son has a turbo Mini Cooper, in red.:D

• Heart 1

I love the photo, but wondered if California cars still have different emission standards. 

I'm not sure? I think he found his in Ohio and had it shipped to California for the mods. He posted this pic recently. Using my wife's camera again, I thought this was a nice shot too. Whats a space needle? :D

11214287_10155920835785062_7423068089357580285_n.jpg

When is he getting the rest of it? It has no top.

:D The hard top is in the trunk.

He says he prefers the hard tops because they're quieter. But you lose the trunk when the top is down. I think I'd still get mine with the cloth top. It takes only a few seconds to lower or raise them on the new models.

:D The hard top is in the trunk.

He says he prefers the hard tops because they're quieter. But you lose the trunk when the top is down. I think I'd still get mine with the cloth top. It takes only a few seconds to lower or raise them on the new models.

The del Sol is cool - the flat targa top stows right under the trunk lid, so it intrudes very little on the trunk space.

The del Sol is cool - the flat targa top stows right under the trunk lid, so it intrudes very little on the trunk space.

Here we go with the Del Sol thing again.

Thought it was a nice shot. Looks like something from an ad. Our son and DIL dropped their doggies at our house and flew out to California to pick up his new to him MX5. They're spending a few weeks exploring the west coast, slowly making their way back. They borrowed my wife's fancy camera. Now I needs to campaign for a new red MX5 of my own.B)

MX 5.jpg

I have always wanted to buy a vehicle unseen and fly out, pick it up and explore someplace cool and new for me.  That sounds dope.

• Heart 1

I have always wanted to buy a vehicle unseen and fly out, pick it up and explore someplace cool and new for me.  That sounds dope.

I think Our son and DIL are taking this trip to do a little soul searching too. They've been married 8 or 9 years and at a crossroads. Either finding a place to settle down or continuing to live for the moment. I think this last deployment has him thinking that he doesn't want to be a lifer in the Army any longer either.

• Heart 1