Riding vs. sitting on my ass

Ralphie

Lately sitting on my ass has been winning out, but after a nice ride, I think I will get back into the riding habit.  Starting off reminded my of why sitting on my ass often wins out.  My front tire was low, so I pulled the tube but found no leak under water, so I put it back together and pumped up both tires.  This same slow leak not found happened on daughter #1's MTB just last week!  Then I had to re-install the seat bag and re-adjust the seat from when my daughter wanted it low.  So sitting on my ass requires a lot less prep!

But getting out on the roads was very nice. :)  They were deserted today - awesome!  So it felt great to be moving and to see the scenery, to ride in sun and shade, to feel the wind, etc.  The wind was mild enough not to be too annoying.  When sitting on my ass outside, the wind is pure joy. :)  But a mixed blessing on the bike.

But the clincher is how good I feel when done.  In my decisions before where sitting in my ass won out, I put more weight on the drudgery part of riding, but really, today's ride didn't feel that drudging at all.  And now, I am going outside to sit on my ass!  Thank you and goodbye!

• Heart 2

So Ralph, how much air are your tires leaking?  About 5-10 psi per day is normal for me.  More than that, I would just replace the tube.  They're cheap.

The back was down to aboot 30 PSI, and the front was all the way down.  Yeah, I realized after I put the patched tube back in that I do have a new one. :blink:  On my other bike, I loved the Michelin butyl tubes because they held air really well, but they are Presta tubes. Hmm, they might still work with the Schrader rims, since it is the same size for 700c and 27 X 1-1/4".  The bike had been ridden just a week or two ago by daughter #1, but I guess they were low then too.  Another PITA is my floor pump has the Silca brass chuck, so for Schrader it screws on, which is a pain. 

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

So Ralph, how much air are your tires leaking?  About 5-10 psi per day is normal for me.  More than that, I would just replace the tube.  They're cheap.

Yeah, I just replace them.  It can be economical to repair them -- but I'd rather be biking than repairing.  For $5-7 or whatever, I just replace it.  Much easier and faster.

Something I left oot of my analysis - the dog is a shmoo!  She lays on the chaise lounge with me and makes me feel all good and relaxed and shit.  Shmoos are eville!  Al Capp was a genius for noting how the little buggers can sap all your ambition and drive and stuff!

Edited by The Inedible Bulk