I'm somewhat behind on my cycling goals for the year

AirwickWithCheese

I set a very realistic goal of 15 miles per day, less on Sunday, sometimes more on Friday/Saturday. All to balance out to a respectable 15 miles a day, rounded up goal of 500 miles a month. 

Stay close in winter, make up a few miles in the beautiful South Carolina spring and summer.

Now with Autumn fast approaching I find myself somewhat behind schedule. 

There was that time I bicycled to the QT for a moonpie and Pepsi. 

Projected miles by 9/7: 4, 090 miles

Actual total as of 9/7.    1.25 (estimated)

• Heart 1

I'm way behind my goal of 4k miles also. I'm at about 2,700. We've had a lot of rain this year, over 11 inches above normal, that has washed away a lot of rides. Then my mother's been ill and I've missed a bunch of rides. For example I just came home from 4 days in Cincinnati where I didn't get to ride. I did pound the pavement about 12 miles though.

Cheese is a moderator now Kirby.  Is that enough to lure you in?  

Triking isn't really about goals or counting the miles, it's more about enjoying the experience.  Since you're so close to the ground, it's easy to stop and enjoy the flowers along the way.

• Heart 3

I'm way behind my goal of 4k miles also. I'm at about 2,700. We've had a lot of rain this year, over 11 inches above normal, that has washed away a lot of rides. Then my mother's been ill and I've missed a bunch of rides. For example I just came home from 4 days in Cincinnati where I didn't get to ride. I did pound the pavement about 12 miles though.

Sorry about MomJerry.  Is she better? 

Edited by AirwickWithCheese

I set a very realistic goal of 15 miles per day, less on Sunday, sometimes more on Friday/Saturday. All to balance out to a respectable 15 miles a day, rounded up goal of 500 miles a month. 

Stay close in winter, make up a few miles in the beautiful South Carolina spring and summer.

Now with Autumn fast approaching I find myself somewhat behind schedule. 

There was that time I bicycled to the QT for a moonpie and Pepsi. 

Projected miles by 9/7: 4, 090 miles

Actual total as of 9/7.    1.25 (estimated)

I'm disappointed that you are so far behind the goal you set for yourself, but very surprised by the goal you set for yourself. 

Forget about the mileage goal you set, and just try to ride 7hrs a week until the weather turns bad.  

1 hour of JRA will make you feel better than doing nothing. Riding a bike always feels better than just wasting time on the sofa. 

• Heart 1

Is mom likely to get better, or is it like my dad? 

Is mom likely to get better, or is it like my dad? 

She's doing much better and we took her home yesterday after a month in the hospital or rehab places. Her fingers are still numb but at least she can use them to eat. She lost nearly 50 lbs (without telling me) because she couldn't feed herself.

When we visited my step-father on Saturday morning, he was obviously ill. We took him to the ER and they found anI infection. He's on the mend now.

My sister and I think that they both need to be in assisted living, but my mother is stubborn. She doesn't even want to sell her car as she thinks she will be able to drive it soon. Not likely as I disconnect the battery.

Maybe a fat bike here...but in the wood...the chemicals on the road would destroy a bike....I will be joining a gym after vacation..  I have not been motivated this year...typically the weather and daylight changes in October...My bike buddy and I usually take the tandem out for a ride around the 20th of October....it is usually my last ride for the year...

She's doing much better and we took her home yesterday after a month in the hospital or rehab places. Her fingers are still numb but at least she can use them to eat. She lost nearly 50 lbs (without telling me) because she couldn't feed herself.

When we visited my step-father on Saturday morning, he was obviously ill. We took him to the ER and they found anI infection. He's on the mend now.

My sister and I think that they both need to be in assisted living, but my mother is stubborn. She doesn't even want to sell her car as she thinks she will be able to drive it soon. Not likely as I disconnect the battery.

Dad is 87, fighting bone cancer, and just recently starting to feel a lot of pain. It's unlikely that he will be with us much longer.

Mom turned 74 in February and is very healthy and strong. 

In early October they will celebrate their 49th anniversary, but I'd be shocked if they are together for their 50th. 

Dad is 87, fighting bone cancer, and just recently starting to feel a lot of pain. It's unlikely that he will be with us much longer.

Mom turned 74 in February and is very healthy and strong. 

In early October they will celebrate their 49th anniversary, but I'd be shocked if they are together for their 50th. 

My sympathy is with you. It is horrific to watch a loved one in pain.

• Heart 1

Wilbur, change that avatar. I was thinking about cycling up to the QT again but you unmotivated me with your Trojan pig.  :(

Trojan's are either latex to sheep skin... never has a condom been made from a pig. 

Edited by Krazy ™

I don't think you people are concerned I am somewhat behind on my cycling goals.  :(

Tomorrow I'm going to shralp up to the QT and get my moonpie. 

I'm not saying I don't care... I just pedal to peddle. I refuse to set goals or keep track of milage. 

Page, quick. I need you to go to Suzie's thread and like my post. You'll put me over the top and I'll get a green ribbon. I know it's wrong for me to campaign like this but I'm almost there and I've never had a green ribbon.

I'm begging.  

...don't beg, it's unbecoming.  I shall support you in this, since it appears to be yet another goal. *sigh*  #kids_whatcanyoudo  #buyembooks_theychewoffthecovers

• Heart 1