It's people like this who give cyclists a bad name

bikeman564™

So there was a guy, let's call him Joe Average. Joe Average (not  a "cyclist") was riding a POS bike on the wrong side of the street. As he approached the intersection which he proceeded in going straight thru, a car was making a right turn from the cross street directly into him. I'm amazed his azz didn't get hit. Joe Average points at said driver in disgust as if it was the driver's fault for not expecting someone on the incorrect side. It's azzhats like this IMO that give us a bad rap.

At an internal meeting here last week, another guy could see I was tired - I'd ridden (on the trainer) that morning.  I told him I was tired from exercising and he asked me what I did.  When I told him I was a cyclist he said "oh, you're one of those guys clogging up the roads" or some such and it didn't sound like he was joking around.  He hasn't encountered me on the road, but he indicted me nonetheless. :(

• Heart 1

At an internal meeting here last week, another guy could see I was tired - I'd ridden (on the trainer) that morning.  I told him I was tired from exercising and he asked me what I did.  When I told him I was a cyclist he said "oh, you're one of those guys clogging up the roads" or some such and it didn't sound like he was joking around.  He hasn't encountered me on the road, but he indicted me nonetheless. :(

Point at his hairy ass and say "No, it is you that is clogging up the road".  Glare menacingly.

The solution to this is obvious.......stop cycling. Just think, no more near misses or abuse thrown at you just for being there....I mean it must make sense...right?

This may be hard to believe but sitting here in my armchair and drinking beer, not once...not once mind you have I been cut up by a thoughtless motorist or had my shapely, Lycra-clad bottom smacked by some lustful matron.

I commend this to you....it works for me.

• Heart 1

I'm really surprised this guy is still alive. I still see him every morning.

He was on the other side of the divider.  Obviously that red light didn't apply to him.

I was just out of the office and on the way back there was a bike car get together.  The cyclist did not look good from my poor gawking position in the other lane.  Several police cars and an ambulance.  Looks like a couple guys riding down the sidewalk (which is legal in this city - which automatically shifts responsibility to the driver of the car).  Cut down in the crosswalk by the looks of things (from my poor gawking position in the other lane).