I demand notice of whose birthday it is before I open a birthday post

Randomguy

I am not gonna open up any of those how they are set up currently.  I haven't, and I won't.

Is there not a way to do this?

You've asked in the past, I suspect it can be done, but it could get messy.  If there were one or two, it would probably look OK, what if there were 10 or 20?

As an example, here is the birthday view from my other site:

September_2015___PathLabTalk.thumb.png.f

You've asked in the past, I suspect it can be done, but it could get messy.  If there were one or two, it would probably look OK, what if there were 10 or 20?

September_2015___PathLabTalk.thumb.png.f

Well, it could just list those that fit and continue in the post.  Plus, we don't have that many people yet that we could conceivably have more than 3 in a day.  It would be a real longshot to have more than two in any one day.

Why not RG.  Hell, I even wished bosux a happy birthday.

I just get annoyed because I state the main business of my posts in the thread title so people don't get roped into reading some crap they don't want to read.  If they want to read my crap, they should know what the hell I am on about, I feel.

Besides, it could be the birthday of someone that posted once, then crawled by under some rock to die, or maybe signed up to get the free toaster or somesuch.  We are not too big to be personal still.  I won't open the inspiration bot, either.  Maybe that is why I am not inspired right now.

Well, it could just list those that fit and continue in the post.  Plus, we don't have that many people yet that we could conceivably have more than 3 in a day.  It would be a real longshot to have more than two in any one day.

OK, I will try.  I made an edit, not sure if I can use the variable I did in the title.  It will likely fail.  I changed my birthday to tomorrow.  I need at least one other person to do so to be able to test it.

I just get annoyed because I state the main business of my posts in the thread title so people don't get roped into reading some crap they don't want to read.  If they want to read my crap, they should know what the hell I am on about, I feel.

Besides, it could be the birthday of someone that posted once, then crawled by under some rock to die, or maybe signed up to get the free toaster or somesuch.  We are not too big to be personal still.  I won't open the inspiration bot, either.  Maybe that is why I am not inspired right now.

As much time as you spend here and you can't afford to open a random post?  Hmmmm

• Heart 1

Why are you constantly comparing us to "Your Other Site"?  You know we can never live up to their lofty standards.  We have people like me dragging us down to depths unheard of in the history if interweb forums.

#JustStop

Why are you constantly comparing us to "Your Other Site"?  You know we can never live up to their lofty standards.  We have people like me dragging us down to depths unheard of in the history if interweb forums.

#JustStop

Constantly?  Less than 10 times.  I gave that as a real example.  That site took 10 years to build, and has fewer (but more valuable) posts than here.

I did not compare as a judgement, both are good sites.

Constantly?  Less than 10 times.  I gave that as a real example.  That site took 10 years to build, and has fewer (but more valuable) posts than here.

I did not compare as a judgement, both are good sites.

OK, maybe I just felt judged.  Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you (my life's motto)